World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
Does anyone know about how many horses are there?

Thanks,

Bonnie

I have heard there are around 1000. But, this is not official.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too many, by the looks of the class sizes...

There are many performance entries - well over 40 in some classes.

Many halter classes I have seen have quite a good number of horses in them... 15-20. The Futurity classes do have lower numbers- Futurity nominations, IMO, have become too expensive for the 'everyday' person.

There are some specialty classes which have had less than ten, such as Special Needs.

The horses at Worlds have to qualify with points throughout the year in order to show at the World Show.

I asked a show offical and was told the number is just a bit under or right around 800

800 to 1000 is a great show! I do agree that the futurity is gotten to expensive for the average breeder to participate. They need to address that.

I also see that they are running 2 TWO 2 rings! That is exactly what I suggested for AMHR and was completely and totally shot down!!

800 to 1000 is a great show! I do agree that the futurity is gotten to expensive for the average breeder to participate. They need to address that.

I also see that they are running 2 TWO 2 rings! That is exactly what I suggested for AMHR and was completely and totally shot down!!

oops. AMHR Nationals was a real struggle, with so many B horses of course they had a lot more horses than the AMHA show and could really use two rings so there are not classes running until after one in the morning. AMHA futurity is expensive compared to R but I was impressed that they had futurity classes for AOTE, Amateur and Open giving the smaller breeders/show people a better chance to win. My filly got a top ten in her 28" and under class at R Nationals, she is 26.75" and could not compete against much bigger horses in the very large futurity classes when she was usually the smallest in her class.

I think IMO also they are going to have to do that atleast for the open. I don't see it much of a problem say have open halter classes going on in one arena and the hunter/jumper and obstacle going on in the other. I think doing that will save alot of time.

If those are the numbers thats awesome!

I have suggested the same thing only to be told by people here how impossible it was to manage and how difficult it would be for them etc. Well, I have groomed at shows for different breeds that ran two rings and all it required was a careful schedule and the odd gate hold.... and that eliminated classes that went until 1 or 2 a.m. - which is tiring for the exhibitors and horses as well as the show staff... and completely unnecessary.
default_unsure.png

It wouldn't be that hard. Hold the Futurity Classes at the same time of the driving Obstacle, Jumper, Hunter, etc. You've already got different judges, so that wouldn't be a problem. Since most of the Futurity horses are younglings, you won't interfer with them since they can't go in H/J or driving obstacle. I don't know how many people/handlers would need to cross enter, though. Many Futurity horses are professionally handled, and I haven't seen too many of them (pros) in those classes...

It wouldn't be that hard. Hold the Futurity Classes at the same time of the driving Obstacle, Jumper, Hunter, etc. You've already got different judges, so that wouldn't be a problem. Since most of the Futurity horses are younglings, you won't interfer with them since they can't go in H/J or driving obstacle. I don't know how many people/handlers would need to cross enter, though. Many Futurity horses are professionally handled, and I haven't seen too many of them (pros) in those classes...

That's a good idea. I did wonder just how having two rings going at once could be accomplished since so many trainers and amateurs too are in SO many classes, but if some classes could be help simultaneously that would have very little conflict, that sounds like it would actually be (at least theorectically) possible.

Do you suppose that any classes could be started in a second ring when the Youth are still showing? That's a different set of judges too. Though the youth would need their parents' help... it is a tough dilemma!

I think IMO its better done during the open session. Cause you have your halter judges judging and then the other arena you have your performance judges. I think this should be stictly for hunter/jumper and you obstacles. I don't think atleast at this time you should do more then that. I think it would be too hard to do it in the youth and amateur cause you are using the same judges. Maybe you can swing it during the futurities but that was just my thought.

Sorry this thread wasn't meant to be taking away from the World show.

I think IMO its better done during the open session. Cause you have your halter judges judging and then the other arena you have your performance judges. I think this should be stictly for hunter/jumper and you obstacles. I don't think atleast at this time you should do more then that. I think it would be too hard to do it in the youth and amateur cause you are using the same judges. Maybe you can swing it during the futurities but that was just my thought.

Sorry this thread wasn't meant to be taking away from the World show.
843 horses and just over 2400 entries!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back