World Show / What do you find stands out?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
I love the way the youth horses stand so well, for them.
default_wub.png

What has got your eye or what have you enjoyed so far?

Would also like to know who our LB members are in each class that is showing?

What colour outfit, horse, or number they are?

This would be nice to know, if possible?

THANKS
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The overall quality of the horses in the youth classes and the awesome exhibitors. Some of the trainers and ammy's could take lessons from some of these kids. They were awesome.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

What stands out? The quality of the horses!
default_new_shocked.gif
OMG! Never came to a show before and felt I should put my horses back on the trailer and go back home. :DOH! Seriously folks, they mean business down here.
default_unsure.png

Another thing is the stall displays. I just can't get over the lavish appointments, the beautiful hand-painted portraits of the horses, the decorative fountains, the greenery, the glitz, the glam. It's like a Hollywood event!

I've always thought I was somewhat of an average, middle-class, well-educated, been-there-done-most of that kind of gal, but I feel like a total backwoods bumkin down here. No joke. It's a whole new game my friends.
default_wink.png

The quality of the horses is fabulous, the kids look great and are acting like little adults -- just love to watch it.

BUT, I do have to ask why the music that is playing isn't more "age appropriate"
default_unsure.png
- watching yesterday I heard several songs that were a little to "sexy" and risque for my sensitive ears when it comes to small children -- just my opinion, but I think the youth part of the show should have music that is more oriented toward them rather than that with "adult content' - songs like "Do you think I'm sexy"
default_new_shocked.gif
do not belong being piped into the eardrums of a 7 year old!

OK, so I am a bit old-fashioned that way, I guess I just want them to stay young as long as possible! (Jumping off my box now!)

Stac
default_saludando.gif

Parmela, I know what you mean! It was always a treat to go into the Moncreif (SP) building and just look at the furniture and the horses if you could see them. It's quite an eye opener. I also agree the trainers could take lessons from some of these kids. Most of them were very serious about standing their horses and getting the right positions. The cutest one I saw was that little girl in the 7 and under in the pink top. What a cutie she is and very serious about what needed to be done. I'm really enjoying this cam!

Good luck to all of you!!!!
default_luck.gif

I can only speak for my own kids but when they are out there in the ring showing they do get distracted looking at their friends and other horses but the last thing they would ever pay attention to is music playing in the arena while they are showing
default_smile.png

I can only speak for my own kids but when they are out there in the ring showing they do get distracted looking at their friends and other horses but the last thing they would ever pay attention to is music playing in the arena while they are showing
default_smile.png
From my experience of showing in the arena the last thing that you pay attention to while showing is the music. I would also say that the speakers are located high on the walls behind the seating area and not on the arena floor. There is a speaker behind the video camera and I am sure that is why what we hear online is so loud.

Hi all,

I am really not trying to bash AMHA by any means, I am thrilled that they are able to webcast this event and enjoy every second of watching since I am unable to attend this year. The kids are adorable and so fun to watch.

Thank you for helping clear up the music thing -- yes, I am aware that while in the ring you are probably not tuning into anything but the horse right in front of you, but I still think that music that is truly adult in nature should be saved for a time when the exhibitors are more age appropriate - whether THEY can hear it or not; after all, we are sending this message all around the world now. That said - hearing "It's a Small World" for the 100-zillionth time also gets pretty old ! !
default_wink.png
(And I can still remember those good old days!)
default_saludando.gif

I am enjoying every single minute that I can sit behind this desk and watch. I wish I could be there in person again. I LOVE Worlds. Everything about it is just fantastic - from the BEAUTIFUL horses right on down to the visits with friends and shopping and watching the youth and the list just goes on and on and on.................... Did I say I LOVE THE WORLD SHOW!
default_smile.png
default_wink.png

That said - hearing "It's a Small World" for the 100-zillionth time also gets pretty old ! ! (And I can still remember those good old days!)
default_laugh.png
LOL. I'm with you on the music - no, you don't really hear it down in the arena, but it's a matter of being appropriate for everyone...including the other kids in the family watching in the stands or at home. Enough of that everywhere else in life.
default_smile.png

That aside though, World is always such a treat! I leave this morning, only for a couple of days this year but at least I get a taste.
default_smile.png

Jan

While I truly appreciate the ability to be able to watch the World show and Nationals on live video I do have to say I am disappointed in the video for the World show. I seem to remember it being better last year? Was it the same company as now?

What stands out? The women exhibitors have much better "support" than their AMHR sisters!
default_wink.png

I've been watching the world show most of the day today. There are some really nice horses.

I also have to agree with some here that the music is.................. well,
default_no.gif

Just my opinion though. Most of it sounds like a being at a carnival. But that said, its not about the music.

Hats off to the horses and owners, for looking so nice. Also I think the decorations look much better then they usually do.

Good luck everyone.

Linda Killion

Was there most of the day on saturday....well the music and sound system in my opinion was horrible. The announcer talked as if he had marbles in his mouth and you couldn't hear a word he was saying. At least Mark talks to where everyone can understand him and his choice of music is appropriate for the classes.

Karen

Can you tell us, our forum members who are showing.

What colour outfit, colour of horse or number if we can see it?

thanks would love to know who is out there from here showing in each class?

Forum member Hunter is having First Knights Angel Of Music shown in yearling mares with Lee C. She is super dupper outstandingly beautiful...
default_biggrin.png

Did anyone happen to catch "Kind Herods Song" from JC Superstar?
default_new_shocked.gif
Whatever do we really care?

They just played it for the stallion 30 and under class.

Nice horse show for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to comment on the music - When we attended the World Show last year, I did not really care for many of the music selections - haven't had time to watch yet this year so don't know how it compares.

However, I do know of a show that has absolutely the most wonderful music played, performed live. For most of the 10-12 days of the Minnesota State Fair, Randy Roberts from Apple Valley, MN sits at his organ and plays almost without stop. He switches up the pace for trotting/jogging, cantering etc. He plays for every breed - draft, minis, English and Western. The horses seem to slide into the rhythm when he changes tempo. It would be great to have someone like him at the World Show or Nationals.

OK Ya'lls! ! ! Enough, Enough ! !
default_new_shocked.gif
-- it is probably time to stop bashing the music selections!
default_wink.png

I posted what I did during the kids portion because I really just had hoped that the word would get to the person who was selecting the music for the kids and make it more age appropriate -- it was never my intention to have this turn into an AMHA-Music-Bash-Fest.
default_no.gif

I think we can all agree that when it comes to music that there are many different varieties, blues, jazz, rock, country, gospel, hip-hop and probably a bunch more -- it is a very personal choice from what I have found -- but now the show is going on, the Adults are showing and I think they can probably handle just about any music choice our "selector person" comes up with (with the slim possibility of hearing "It's A Small World" about 100-zillion times!)

So, let's get back to letting this post be about how much fun it is to watch, how fortunate it is that we can watch (BIG thanks to the AMHA) and in that way feel like we are part of one of the greatest shows in the horse industry ! ! !
default_saludando.gif

Stac

Latest posts

Back