World Show Qualification

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendi leigh

Reaction score
I have never shown AMHA before but am thinking about it for this year. I'm slightly confused about how many points I would need in order to qualify for the amateur class at the World Show. The rule book has the following

49. Amateur Junior Mares, Level 1 ..................................... 2 points

49A. Amateur Junior Mares, 30" and under, Level 1 .......... 0 points

49B. Amateur Junior Mares, over 30-33" inches, Level 1 ... 2 points

Am I correct in interpreting this to mean that to show my 2 year old, 28" mare in Amateur at the World Show, I would not need any points to qualify?

Thanks.
default_smile.png

I think that is correct, and the rationale I believe is that it is hard to find enough horses of that size to make classes big enough to earn points! At our local shows they will usually throw the tiny ones into the next size up if there is only one in the class, but at that point if they win, they just got points in the wrong class! Last year was my first year at the world and the tiny classes were quite large, so where did all those little guys come from?
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back