World Show Blog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
Why not use this thread for anyone who wants to blog about their daily adventures at worlds.......? I know I will have my laptop with me and will have access to internet, and I will be so excited to share everything. So here it is, share your experience with those that will be watching online.

Our horse is leaving tomorrow super early, but we are flying down on Thursday night. All my classes are on Tuesday and Wednesday and I plan on using the rest of the week to meet and talk to as many people as possible, see as many horses as possible, watch as much as I can from the stands, and learn a lot! Oh and I might do a little shopping too...... or a lot? I just have to keep reminding myself that I am poor and have bills to pay and new horse stuff won't pay the bills!

We are leaving Wednesday and plan on being down there Thursday. Barb's daughter is showing Friday and Saturday. I show Monday, Wednes and Thursday (so far).

I am brining my lap top down too. If I can find internet access, I will get on the forum and write too. Does the grounds have internet access? Does anyone know? Otherwise I will have to go to a hotel or some place that does.

I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to this!!!

Ah, no fair! LOL Even if I had a laptop, I wouldn't have internet access. One of these days... The best I can do is to check my email on my cell phone, but replying is sure a pain!

Sounds like a neat idea, I will try and do so also. see everyone there. 5 of the grandkids are showing te first weekend, so it should be fun. Three C find me at the show and you can use my laptop to check in. LOL

Good Luck Matt! Keep us posted!
default_smile.png

We should get there about noonish Sunday and plan to stay until Saturday. Last year I took my wireless router and aircard and set it up in my stall. All around me had internet connectivity. Not super fast but it works. We were able to watch the webcast from the main arena. I also believe there was wireless inside the arena but don't know the availability of it.

Not going this year, sure wish I was, but if you have a wireless capable laptop, you can get internet access anywhere in the vendor area and around the outside of the arean, just not inside the arena. I was in the barn across from the arena last year and as long as we sat in the main isleway, I could get online.

Good luck to everyone one going and safe trip.

Karen

There should be wireless access available in the arena again. I will have my iTouch which has wireless as well as my laptop at the motel.

Just found out we have been exiled to Cattle Barn 3, what fun with my bad knees. Now I have to debate on getting a golf cart since my pain meds have started making me break out in hives. I am hoping my doc can come up with something else tonight that will work without making me impaired!

Judy's horse leaves tomorrow with Ashley Harris, then on Saturday evening, I will pick Judy up at work and we will leave from there. That saves us over 2 hours of travel time for her to come home, then endless goodbyes with her hubby, then back east close to where she works, and then on to Texas. We should pull in Sunday afternoon.

Another friend and I joke that Judy's hubby decides it is time to rotate tires, change oil, rebuild engine just as we are trying to pull out of the driveway. I know, just the trucker in him that goes through a detailed inspection before pulling out where we just pull out!
default_rolleyes.gif

Austin Van Wyck of Victory Lane Training Center will be dropping by our place this morning to pick up three of our horses that are going to the AMHA World Show.

Tommy and I will be flying out early Friday morning and we will be at the show for the duration. We’re looking forward to watching our tiny chestnut appy filly "Bamster" compete in the first three youth halter classes and then Legend (bay leopard) in youth jumping in the Watts Arena. Catch (bay leopard), Striker (fewcap colt), Benny (bay colt), and Miss O (black mare) will be competing later on in the show. We are so excited and can hardly wait to get going!

We’re looking forward to seeing old friends meeting new ones. You can't miss us, we'll be the folks with the silly looking apricot poodle under our arm. Everyone have a safe trip!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
For those driving to the show, be VERY careful ~ I heard on the news tonight that there are severe gas shortages in the Southeast -- particularly in Nashville.

What a neat idea, Matt!!!!

WE MADE IT TO FORT WORTH!!!! That was one long drive from Mass, but we made it here safe and sound at about 4 this afternoon. All our horses are settled and for the most part, we are set up. I cannot believe its time for Worlds again!!!! We are in the Moncreif building, so be sure to stop by and visit!!!

Hope to see everyone soon!!!!

Great idea Matt!

We'll be leaving MO in the next 24 hours or so. I can't believe how much stuff there is to pack and jam into the trailer!
default_new_shocked.gif
We don't do a big setup or anything, but I am taking a few framed pictures this year to hang up. We're taking 3 down with us and will be bringing 4 home - can't wait to see Raven again!
default_wub.png

I'm planning on spending a lot of time just watching and learning. My friend Barbara is coming down for one week so the two of us will be glued in the stands...when I'm not bathing or clipping that is.

I would really like to meet everyone, so please if you see me (our stall sign with our farm name will be up) PLEASE stop me and say
default_saludando.gif
! I missed Nootka last year and I was so disappointed!
default_no.gif

I hope to see a whole lot of familiar faces there as well. I'm flying down tomorrow to help Austin Van Wyck (Victory Lane Training), so if anyone has the time, please stop by and introduce yourselves. I'll try to wander around and find people too
default_smile.png
This includes you Parmela!

Matt and Kristina,

Good Luck with everything at the show really wish I was there even just to watch.

Mark

We got in last night and the traffic coming in on I 45 was terrible. Normally it is a 6 hours trip that took over 11 hours due to wrecks and construction.
default_no.gif

Oh well all is well that ends well. Cherryville Farms is in cattle barn number 4 if anyone is looking for us. The first cattle barn across the street to the high dollar Moncrief barn.
default_smile.png

There are a lot of beautiful horses here already and about 3/4 of the stalls are filled, so it looks like a really good show so far. We are looking forward to seeing everyone, so come on by the stalls and sit a spell.
default_saludando.gif
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Hey, anyone see Brenda Sellwood from "Firewaters Miniature Horses" tell her good luck for me. She doesn't have a lap top but I'll be watching her on Web Cam tomorrow as I'll be watching the rest of you too. I think this is great we get to experience the show w/o being there... I hope you keep it going. TJ

Hey, anyone see Brenda Sellwood from "Firewaters Miniature Horses" tell her good luck for me. She doesn't have a lap top but I'll be watching her on Web Cam tomorrow as I'll be watching the rest of you too. I think this is great we get to experience the show w/o being there... I hope you keep it going. TJ

Latest posts

Back