World Show Blog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone at the World Show could tell them there is no sound and to show the class # on the video once in awhile it would be great. Thanks!

If someone at the World Show could tell them there is no sound and to show the class # on the video once in awhile it would be great. Thanks!
I am getting sound loud and clear on my feed. They do announce every class number as it enters the ring, but if you don't have volume I suppose you're not hearing it.

The class number is on a post at the right end of the center isle. You can see it as the classes come in.

Hey John & Cindy

Kids did great !!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I watched serveral of the classes.. I hope we get to see them show at AMHR next year.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks, we were really proud of them.
default_wub.png
And yes we will be showing R and A this coming year. LOL

I am getting sound loud and clear on my feed. They do announce every class number as it enters the ring, but if you don't have volume I suppose you're not hearing it.
Thanks for letting me know..... hmmm... I'm not getting any sound and my speakers are working grrrrr. I did see the class numbers

Is anyone else having troubles with the webcast right now? Mine is stuck on the 30 & Under Amateur Sr. Geldings class, before pinnings. It goes a certain amount and stops, and when you press play again it back tracks to the same place it started and then stops again.
default_wacko.png

Well I had my first exhibiting experience at worlds today. My first class was Ammy Halter Obstacle, something Magic is usually VERY good at. We blew our first obstacle...... It was a side pass towards a flowerbox wall, and that was all beside the back side of the big white back drop. So he got nervous and we blew it. The rest of the course went well, but with 34 horses, many of which had flawless rounds, none of the judges used us on their cards.

The we had Ammy hunter. 56 entries. He had an OK round. He cantered the last line and hesitated a couple times, the jumps were taller and wider then what has been at the local shows, so again, none of the judges used us.

Then was Ammy showmanship. 25 entries, tough pattern including 3 different pivots and a back up. I have never had a better go! He stepped out of one pivot, so that and the fact that I went first worked against me a bit. We got 6th, our first top ten. We were beat by admirable competitors who did a fantastic job. If you don't know how the judging works, there are 3 judges, and their scores are added together to come up with the final placings. Well in showmanship one of the judges didn't use me at all, one placed me 6th, and one placed me 1st!! I was bummed a bit about the 6th(only because I really did have the best go I've ever had) but was much happier when I saw that one judge placed me first.

We didn't get anything in ammy level 1 sr geldings 30-34. It was a class of 18, many very nice horses. Magic showed his heart out and I thought he deserved to be placed 8th or 9th, but that's how it goes sometimes.

We have all our open classes tomorrow, so I am excited for that.

Matt,

Sound like you a Magic did a great job and
default_aktion033.gif
CONGRADULATIONS
default_aktion033.gif
on your first top ten. Sorry I missed watching the webcam. I'll try today

at work. They are both hard classes to do and the least little thing can make a big change.

Got my new horse jump great, now need to work on the obstacles although he is going to live with Lizzie for next year for her to have a new challenge so she will get him doing the obstacles. We are going to plan on doing the AMHR area 1 nationals next year for Lizzie's first step into the big show world.

Good luck in your remaining classes, we will be rooting for you.

Diana (NH)

Matt,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I missed the CAM and have been wondering how were doing. Congratulations on your top 10! Good luck with the rest of the show. We are routing for you here in Maine!!!
default_luck.gif

Sue

I got here Friday, but just got my computer to connect yesterday. We are located on the street side of the Burnett Building just inside the first door. Please do drop by and say hello. I don't show until tomorrow and have three horses in the first two classes tomorrow (Thursday). Just finished reading the pedigrees for the World Show Sale and am bushed! Need to get to bed, but came over to check the horses first.

Lauren and Carol are coming up tomorrow night.

I had the rest of my classes today. It was a much more relaxing day. My open halter obstacle class went much better than yesterday. He ticked the side-pass which was L shaped so I knew he would not be in the placings, BUT it was much better than yesterday. Most of the horses actually had little issues, and the placing were a bit confusing to me. Not sour grapes, because Magic didn't deserve to place, but I didn't get the standings. In open hunter, Magic had his first jump refusal EVER, and it had to happen at worlds, go figure
default_smile.png
He may not have placed anyway. There were 56 horses in the class, and some were amazing.

I don't even want to talk about open showmanship, but I will anyway
default_smile.png
Long story short, I screwed up the pattern. I went 2nd out of 18 and it was a really funky pattern with weird curves. There were cones in weird places, and I went the wrong way around the cone. Other than that we did well. Pivots were right there 100%, Magic set up perfectly, I think I even did better than yesterday as far as my finesse, but that's how it goes sometimes. I am already thinking about next year, and now I know what to expect. the experience has been awesome. I have seen some amazing horses, met some great people, it's just been great.

Tomorrow is our last day here, and I plan on doing some shopping......

Congratulations on everybody's top tens, reserves, grands, futurity wins, etc.

HI All... Been too busy to post till just now. We got here about 1am thurs am last week, my kids flew in last thurs afternoon and left yesterday Tues. Kids all did well over the weekend. Despite Connor's broken RIGHT arm he performed well in Youth showmanship (no placing but tons of Pride). Youth 8-12 Sr. Gelding he placed 7th. Youth Liberty he recieved "Hardest Catch" award.....after some arguing between the brothers all was well and they were happy that if they couldn't catch him they were at least recognized for how difficult it was...
default_laugh.png

Owen placed 10th in the 7 and under Sr. Geldings class. And Emma and both boys placed 4th in Youth Costume as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Chant was a sweet angel to allow us to dress him up as we did without complaint.

I did ammy jumper with Chant and he did refuse the 1st jump 3 times
default_wacko.png
so I got the whistle. Oh well, it was embarassing, but I know he can jump and for whatever reason that was not his idea fun time that day. I also showed him in AOTE Sr. Gelding and he placed 6th. Needless to say I was estatic!!! We also did Ammy level 1 Sr. Gelding and did not place. He showed his little heart out for me and that class was packed with jaw dropping horses. I was near the end of that line up and before we went in i was looking around at them in a state of wonderment, so I told Chant to relax and we were gonna go in and have some fun.

So since then, I've been shopping (too much) and catching up on email and loving my GUY (Chant)!!

Tons of fun here as always and great company!!!!!

Melanie

Congrats to all! I heard and/or saw some of these - the Greenwood kids in the costume class, and some of the other Northeast Miniature Horse Club members.

Matt's comment about the class size makes me wonder why they don't split the Amateur performance classes (e.g. halter obstacle and hunter) which are so huge. By splitting the AM halter classes into levels 1 & 2 and 2 heights, it gives more people a shot at a top ten. Why shouldn't those who do performance have the same chance? It seems it would only cost a little more in time and awards.

Well Mary, that's because we are just the "lowly" performance exhibitors. But just think, if you do happen to get a top ten, you had to beat 40-50 other competitors, not just 6 or 12 or 15 like in most of the halter classes. Any top ten is great, don't get me wrong. People work hard and should be proud weather they beat only themselves or 10 others or 50 others. But you have to be spectacular to even place at all in most of those performance classes.

It is with great pride that I announce the win of the grandson of Alamo Streakers Mime! Alliance Majestic Olympian owned by Joan Richards won his weanling class! He is the son of Sequoia Majestic Mime the World Grand Champion Sr. Stallion 2006. What a beauty he is too............and nearly 30 horses in his class.

My World Show started off rough as my new Dodge truck broke down on the way to Fort Worth and I missed my classes on Monday. I was able to attend the show for a day or so just returning last night and got to watch the classes on Wed and Thursday.

Needless to say I am so proud to see my breeding program continue with some magnificent horses! For those of you who do not know Sequoia Ranch, we are a small breeder producing less than 10 foals a year from three different stallions.

Beth

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so.... I hope I am not reading you incorrectly Matt. I hope you are not saying that anyones top tens in halter don't mean as much as a performance top 10.

I do think that Connor with a BROKEN RIGHT ARM, that held and baited his horse with one hand DID DO A SPECTACULAR job as he placed 7th out of 24!!!!!!. This is not a small class like at home. I agree that it is hard to get placed in the performance classes, but it's then nature of the sport. I have no issue with my no placement in my ammy class, as I posted before I was impressed by the horses in that class that my horse was up against.

By the way there is a class currently in the ring that is halter and it is split with 49 horses.

Mary just an FYI the perfomance classes where the handlers experience are important to the horses performance are split by level one and 2 with exception of hunter, jumper, and showmanship.(novice and green drivers in level 1 and more experienced drivers are in level 2). As far as jumping goes your horse either jumps or doesn't the handler only has to keep pace and know the jump pattern.

I think we need to remember that coming to World's because we have qualified at our local shows does not mean that our horses will always perform they way they do at home (Chant refused the first jump 3 times I got the whistle, oh well) or that their skills will match those of the other wonderful horses from around the county.

By the way Matt, just cleaned Magic's stall and he is doing well....
default_rolleyes.gif

Another thing to keep in mind is the level system with AMHA for Amateurs is relatively new. There was a time not too long ago when the Amateur halter classes had 40-70 (or more) horses in them. I remember showing in an amateur mare class that was split when the splits for the halter classes was at 40 and they had to have at least 2 (maybe more) splilts n that class (yes, I'm dating myself).

I agree with Melanie - in some of the performance classes the skill level of the handler doesn't come into play as much as it would for something like driving (where there is a split between levels) and a driver's expertise can drastically alter the performance of the horse.

There was also a time when the halter obstacle class at this show was so hard, there were hardly any clear rounds. Obstacles like real water obstacles (with live fish swimming in the pool); a ground tie where the handler had to leave the horse, walk approx. 20 feet to an outhouse, go into the outhouse, close the door, count to 10 and emerge; a hale bale climb (ugh!); and a back thru' that had metallic streamers that touched the horses' butts as the backed thru' it -- these were the types of things that this class used to challenge us with. It was fun (and fun to watch).

And as I sit here watching "easy" halter classes - i saw a weanling mare class that had to be split because there were so many entries. I think even making the cut in that class is a HUGE accomplishment.

I don't think it's fair to claim that anyone looks at performance exhibitors as lower class citizens. You folks are the ones who 'make or break" a local show with your entry fees, since you tend to enter a lot more classes than halter-only horses do. The halter horse who enters just his/her open class has the potential to win 3 separate awards based on that one entry fee -- winning the open class, winning the championship, winning the Supreme.

If anyone feels strongly about getting levels approved on the Championship and World Level, submit a rule change proposal.

And Melanie - I am VERY impressed with your son's accomplishments. He looked great and handled himself professionally out there!!

Latest posts

Back