World Show Blog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because we are so close we'll be setting up our stalls on Sat but won't bring Elvis in till Sunday (only 25 miles away) Once he's done we'll take him home until I think Thursday, which is his next class. No sense in letting him stand there three days when he can be at home!

Lucy

We are still packing, grooming and loading. We plan to leave early Sunday morning and get ther around noonish.

Save us a spot.

default_smile.png

We are here and set up. We are in the Burnnet Building up front,(second row the end stall and 6 stalls in, so come by and say hello. Right now I am washing and clipping my auction horse to get that one over with. Then time to do my show horses.

Beautiful weather here!

We are coming in on sunday
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
. ...YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE I can't wait...I am so excited this year!
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy
default_risa8.gif
We are with Mike McCabe and his lovely wife Barb...they are truly wonderful people and so very talented
default_worshippy.gif
:worship
default_worshippy.gif

This year we have our own home grown & by my World Champion single stallion Dickens... 3 year old mare Greenwood Acres Dream of Mine totally trained by Mike and shown by me...and, my newest addition MTC Scarlet Lass a 4 year old mare that I am just head over heals about her...she is also totally trained by Mike and I am the lucky girl again and show her as well...both are driving horses...my favorite all time guilty pleasure lol

Just competing means so much to me...after 3 surguries and 18 months of physical thearpy...I wasn't sure that this day would come...GOD IS GOOD...and here I am
default_pray.gif
Life is wonderful!!!!!

I would love to meet you all...come by and say hello...and wishing everyone the BEST of luck at the show
default_luck.gif
:goodluck
default_luck.gif
travel safe & looking forward to cheering you all on
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

see you all soon

Lis

We made it! Yippy...Yahoooie!!!!!!

Lost Spoke's Bambi Kiss aka Bamster and Miss O are looking forward to participating in the first three youth classes tomorrow morning! You go girls both equine and human fillies!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

We flew in last night and paid a late night visit to Magic, our gelding. We are in the Bass Richardson building stalled next to Mocha Miniatures, Leeside, Meadowbrook, and Hurricane Hollow. Magic was a little dopey last night when we got there but he has cheered up now. We are staying at the La Quinta Inn in White Settlement.

I participated in the Youth and Ammy Judging Contest today. I received 4th place in performance and 4th place overall(Halter and performance). Tomorrow I will be practicing a bunch with Magic. The showmanship patterns are TOUGH! So much for patterns 1, 2, and 3...... The halter obstacle courses are also tough, but I think we are up for the challenge. We have met some great people too. I am excited to see some of the youth classes tomorrow.

I'm here! Took us 4 days, but we pulled in at 7pm.

Tig is stalled in Cattle Barn 3 with Avante Training, and I show Monday morn and Tuesday......

If ya see me, flag me down and say hey!!

Kari

We got in at 6:30am on Friday. It took us 15 hours!!
default_new_shocked.gif
It was only 700 miles but traffic and construction were terrible.
default_no.gif

We're in Burnett Building, stalls 338-343. We don't show until Monday, so we're bathing and clipping these days.

The stall setups are just mind-boggling.
default_wacko.png
Some are just so extravegant (sp?), they have nicer furniture and electronics than I have in my house.
default_laugh.png
Some have huge flat-screen tvs, some have waterfalls, many have very nice leather furniture - like you'd see in a library or den of a fancy home, many serving wine. Ummm....I'll just get out my folding chairs and have a beer I guess.
default_laugh.png

It's sure is an experience.
default_unsure.png

Misty and Kaylee show today!!! They are with Jan Gibson, who is with Austin VanWyck in the Bennett barn. I will hot foot it down there as soon as I'm done with work--I should be there tonight about 6pm, and I'll be back all day tomorrow. I'm printing this off so I can go ahunting--bag me some Forum folks!

If anyone see's Melanie Greenwood please wish her luck for me. I hope that Connor is well enogh to show this year. I also wish everyone luck at Worlds...I will be watching the video feed.

I will let Melanie know for you Karen. Connor is here and he showed in Liberty and will be showing in showmanship and halter later on this morning. He has a broken arm so isn't doing the performance classes. In Liberty, he and chant won the "Hardest Catch" award.

If anyone is interested, the Youth/Ammy judges are Cindi, Margot, Sammi, and Steve

This is a great thread! Mary Lou....thanks for pinning it!!
default_smile.png
It was hard keeping up with everyone at the AMHR Nationals with threads all over the place.....this is much better! Good luck everyone!!
default_luck.gif
default_luck.gif

WOOHOO Go Canadian Bred Minis! Chickadee Ridge Summer Brew is Youth World Champion Roadster!! He is right from here in Armstrong BC!!!!! WOOHOO I just got an ew colt from CHickadee Ridge too
default_smile.png
!

Hi Matt, Let Connor know that I was able to watch him in his class. He did a great job but could see that it was hard to handle with the opposite hand. Connor's 4-H Leader, Diana

Yay Marci and Cameron - World Champion Youth Costume

A couple of great kids from the Pacific Northwest!

Jean

Last edited by a moderator:
WOO HOO!!

Congrats to Northeast Miniature Horse Club member Kristina Slobody - World Champion Youth 13 & Over with Sr. Gelding!!!!

Does anyone know who won the youth 12 and under country pleasure driving class? Or the whole top 10? Or more specifically if Hannah Morris and Chickadee Ridge Summer Brew did well?

We just got back in from IHOP eating some late dinner. I want to tell everyone that I am so proud of all the youth that showed today, the classes have been large with awesome horses in them and the kids have done themselves proud with the way they presented the horses.
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

It is a real testament to the parents, mentors and future of these wonderful horses and kids. Again, I persoanlly would like to say well done to all of them.
default_wink.png
default_smile.png
default_saludando.gif

On the home front we had 5 grandkids show in a total of 7 classes and ended up with 4 top 10's, 1 top 5, 1 reserve national champion and one national champion. Congradulations to Katleynn, Megan, Lil John, Brandi and Ryan for a job well done. I am really proud of the effort, practice and time you have spent this year with your horses. It showed in the ring for sure.
default_wub.png
default_wacko.png
default_wub.png

If anyone has the time, come by cattle barn 4 and say hello to Cindy, Jose and I this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back