World Class Miniature Horse Registry ... Anyone familiar?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Timber Buck

Reaction score
Ok, so I have the four month old weanling that I am trying to finalize the AMHA registration for (whew...
default_rolleyes.gif
), and his mother is also registered in the World Class Miniature Horse Reggistry. When I looked them up online, their motto is to simplify miniature horse registrations and keep cost down. I am all for that, but I am wondering what everyone thinks of this organization...Do they have their own shows, etc? Would it add to his value? It says as long as the dam is WCMHR registered that he can be. Let me know your thoughts..

WCMHR "papers" do not add any value to a horse. A horse with only WC papers is considered grade by 99% of miniature horse enthusiasts. Additionally, members here have bought "papers", but WC never sent them what they paid for (what is it you call someone who takes your money and gives you nothing?). IMO, WCMHR is best avoided.

I have had good luck with them. Always got my papers back just fine. I have one mare that is only WCMHR registered only because her breeder never registered her with AMHR when she was born. I got her at 4 and the breeder didnt have the parents anymore and wouldnt work with me on getting the info together to register her. Its a shame because she is supposed to be AMHR reg, but not now and her foals sell really cheap no matter how pretty and correct they are just because they are World Class only. I am selling her to a pet home for this reason. Pet homes dont mind World Class registry because they are not going to breed or show in the big shows, just local fun shows. I would never buy a horse again with no papers or just World Class papers just because I am a breeder and dont want to put lower classed horses out there. And the attitude of most people towrd horses with only those papers arent fair to the horse.

Marsha

I would NOT spend my Money with them.. IF you ever sell all you are going to get is a grade price on you horse because of it's papers.. Ask your self is that what you want. They are not worth it nor would I spend the money. Just my thoughts on this

Diane

I registered two horses with them, one was a mare already AMHR registered, other was my grade pony gelding, Sanka. I registered him with them so that he would have papers so I could show him in miniature classes at local fairs, etc and also AMHR had closed their hardshipping. I had no problem getting the papers but my cousin registered two show ponies with them and never got the papers at all. Today I would not register with them as I only want AMHA or AMHR stock for my breeding program as both those registries are well known. My WCMHR registered gelding doesn't affect my breeding program as he is a gelding.
default_wink.png

Worthless and not worth spending your money as you will not get a guarantee you will get your papers. I never received my papers on several and wasted my money with them.

AH! That is just the information that I needed. THANKS SO MUCH! I won't bobther with it then. Hopefully, the rest of the process with AMHA will go smoothly. They hae been so nice and helpful there. Pam Pruitt is who I have talked to and she is GREAT!!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Add me to the list of people they took money from and then never registered the horse... >
default_sad.png

That is NOT professional and I will NOT recommend them... please do not support them even if you are one of the lucky ones to get a piece of paper back from them. That piece of paper is NOT worth whatever you pay for it, anyway.

Andrea

I registered both of mine with them (well changed my stud into my name and registered the filly). Got my papers just fine and in a big hurry. However, I do realize that it doesn't really add any $$ value to my horses but since he was already registered I figures why not and sent hers in at the same time. Now had I known they liked to take money and not send out papers I may have done things differently.

Latest posts

Back