Work Work Work Work Work......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope that is why i am selling most of my horses and moving to town. I have no time for my family and non horse activities, and don't really enjoy the horses like i used to. had to make a radical decision and am in the process of selling most. I still hope to remain active with AMHA and will run for re-election as director.

Not only do I get to take care of 19 horses, (getting 4 ready for a show this month) I get to work 40 - 50 hours a week at my outside job, PLUS take care of 3 houses, one of which is a foreclosure we're remodeling PLUS three lawns . . .Yep, I'm exhausted -- it's time to reduce my own numbers, it's not fun anymore.

Sounds like you just need some down time. We have been busy working the horses since the first of March and going to shows, trying to work a full time job, keep everything here at the house going, having foals and waiting for them to appear, daughter was in school til summer, my husband owns his own business, and we are involved in our local miniature horse club, whew I was getting a little worn out, sooooo after this last show this past weekend we are giving our horses one week off from being worked out and then back to it until Nationals. It is nice coming in feeding them, taking a little time just to love and pet on them, and then come in and have time to eat a cooked meal
new_shocked.gif
(doesn't happen often around here in the spring and summer) . We'll be ready to go hard at it again next week, but for now we need to just STOP! Maybe you just need to stop and smell the horses for a few days
biggrin.gif

I love spending time with my horses. But never seems like I have enough time with them. Especially with working, family and all the others animals we have. We have had new pasture fence to put up now for the past 3 or 4 years - have it just need to find the time to get it up also. Once it is up it will be wonderful!! Also now the orphan colt requires alot of my time - which I truly don't mind - but feel I'm neglecting the others. So go out after work each night with the orphan at my side and pet and talk to all. What a stress relief they are to me - and they don't talk back, which is good at times - lol!!!

Try not to lose sight of the goal. Construction takes so MUCH time. But it will get done, or at least hopefully under control.

We have found a place to buy where we are moving and I see my future in your voice. It's about to take a lot of work. Remodeling on the house, all needs to be fenced and a barn built.

The construction zone is going to be a lot of work and a lot of mess for a long time I'm afraid.

What I have seen in the pictures you've posted has been wonderful. You guys are doing quality work.

My greatest fear is that I will hear "we do this for now it's just temporary" until we have more time or something.

Your place is going to be gorgeous and easy to care for the horses when you're done.

Hold that thought, ..... if you can

Anne

Hey Marty, I just thought of something...we have been building our "log home" ourselves for 20 yrs.
new_shocked.gif
Now that is frustration with a capitol F.

Marty I HAVE THE CURE.

Drop what your doing..........Grab your cleanest mini, its harness and cart. HOOKUP and GO!

Hosscrazy said:
To say my life is chaotic would be an understatement
422572[/snapback]

You took the words out of my mouth Liz, and I do have other people here to help. I can't imagine how busy it must be on your own!

Marty I have to go out to work to get a break! LOL
biggrin.gif
But that is what pays the horse feed and expenses too.

Being under construction, or destruction as we call it
smile.gif
is always chaotic, but soon it will be finished and you can just settle back into a regular, if busy routine. It seems farms always have more work, more repairs, more of everything. And I thought farming would be a nice laid back life....HA!! Did I get a shock!!!

stupid.gif

I am glad I am not alone on feeling that way, sometimes!

BUT LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 4 mini's, 4 dogs, 2 cats a rabbit and 3 kids 5 and under! My son turned 1 today!!!!!!!!!!!!! My little man.

I keep the house, do the cooking,do the bills, do the books for my husbands business, keep our garden and take care of the kids and work one night a week and I take care of the animals, my husband is NOT an animal person!! BUT I love it!!!!!!!!!

I am always busy and life can be hectic BUT it is great!!

I am not a very fussy person! My kids like to go barefoot and my horses like to roll in dirt and russle their hair and it looks so fun!!

My dogs like to wade into the stream and wallow in the mud!

My husband comes home and wonders why dinner isn't ready and sometimes I think I am losing my mind and I feel like I am knee deep in mud BUT I tell you 1 day away from it and I would miss it!!

I do all the construction around here! I built the stable and I dig and build all the fencing, I put up some fencing at 35 weeks pregnant last year!!!!!!!!!! But I love it!!

Construction is always hard and stressful!! But my best advice would be Take time to sit down relax and stop and smell the flowers!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how busy I am I go outside and just take a few minutes to sit quietly and watch my horses, it is peaceful and relaxing!

A quick story!

Yesterday, I was on my way to the barn( in a hurry), kids were in the car and we were on our way to the grocery store, I had 10 things to get done and only 2 hours to do them. I heard this chirping, I had heard it earlier too. It was so loud and persistent! I looked around and around our big evergreen tree but could not locate where it was coming from. I was walking away when something caught my eye! It was a TINY, hairless baby bird, fighting for it's life, screaming for food!!

I called my girls, 3 & 5 and we got a box, and gently put the bird in. We fed it a worm with a tweezer.

We brought the little thing up to the wildlife rescue up the way! The lady said it was a week old speckled starling!

Anyway, the girls were thrilled with themselves and the bird is doing well, we called!!

I got not one of my errands done BUT that's OK! All is well, it can be done tomorrow and I thing my girls learned a valuable lesson! Take time to help an animal or person in need, you can make a difference!

My husband came home and wondered where dinner was!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
He was not so impressed with our rescue but he'll be OK!!!
laugh.gif

Hang in there Marty! Enjoy yourself! Hope construction is over soon!!!!!!!

Now that really says what a woman can do and you really know how to live life to the fullest!! You are wonderful.
aktion033.gif
Mary

capall beag said:
I am glad I am not alone on feeling that way, sometimes!BUT LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 4 mini's, 4 dogs, 2 cats a rabbit and 3 kids 5 and under! My son turned 1 today!!!!!!!!!!!!! My little man.

I keep the house, do the cooking,do the bills, do the books for my husbands business, keep our garden and take care of the kids and work one night a week and I take care of the animals, my husband is NOT an animal person!! BUT I love it!!!!!!!!!

I am always busy and life can be hectic BUT it is great!!

I am not a very fussy person! My kids like to go barefoot and my horses like to roll in dirt and russle their hair and it looks so fun!!

My dogs like to wade into the stream and wallow in the mud!

My husband comes home and wonders why dinner isn't ready and sometimes I think I am losing my mind and I feel like I am knee deep in mud BUT I tell you 1 day away from it and I would miss it!!

I do all the construction around here! I built the stable and I dig and build all the fencing, I put up some fencing at 35 weeks pregnant last year!!!!!!!!!! But I love it!!

Construction is always hard and stressful!! But my best advice would be Take time to sit down relax and stop and smell the flowers!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how busy I am I go outside and just take a few minutes to sit quietly and watch my horses, it is peaceful and relaxing! 

A quick story!

Yesterday, I was on my way to the barn( in a hurry), kids were in the car and we were on our way to the grocery store, I had 10 things to get done and only 2 hours to do them. I heard this chirping, I had heard it earlier too. It was so loud and persistent! I looked around and around our big evergreen tree but could not locate where it was coming from. I was walking away when something caught my eye! It was a TINY, hairless baby bird, fighting for it's life, screaming for food!!

I called my girls, 3 & 5 and we got a box, and gently put the bird in. We fed it a worm with a tweezer.

We brought the little thing up to the wildlife rescue up the way! The lady said it was a week old speckled starling!

Anyway, the girls were thrilled with themselves and the bird is doing well, we called!!

I got not one of my errands done BUT that's OK! All is well, it can be done tomorrow and I thing my girls learned a valuable lesson! Take time to help an animal or person in need, you can make a difference!

My husband came home and wondered where dinner was!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
He was not so impressed with our rescue but he'll be OK!!!
laugh.gif

Hang in there Marty! Enjoy yourself! Hope construction is over soon!!!!!!!

423432[/snapback]

No wonder I'm not up to speed here.

Just came back from the doctor's and found out that my blood pressure had dropped dangerously low and I've been running about with a 102 temp and middle ear infection.
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

Gee whiz no wonder I don't want to stack a pile of concrete blocks today!
frusty.gif
frusty.gif
frusty.gif

It's not the horses at all. I am more than capable of houseing and carring for a bunch more.

It's the other stuff. It's the mess. It's this darn construction that has gotten to me so bad. Every where I walk I am tripping over junk.

Piles of concrete blocks to move, tons of lumber to relocate , fences to build.

I really can't stand to have things all over the place and so un-organized.

While Jerry is at work during the day, the boys and I are out there doing this stuff in the heat and it's really hard work. We've all got blisters and cuts and bruises.

I've re-grouped today and really most of the big stuff has been completed.

The good news is that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Soon the new barn will be ready if I quit complaining and get back to work!

This is called literally a labor of love......blood, sweat, and many tears......

Latest posts

Back