WOOHOO..ITs done!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think many people in our society think that if a person gets a tattoo it changes them and many people have the perception that if someone has a tattoo they are somehow a "bad person". I think that has to do with the fact that years ago it was only "the biker culture" that sported body art....that and the infamous jailhouse tattoos.
Just so you know, that is not at all what I think. I don't think a tattoo makes a person any less of a person.

I'm a nurse and I'm finding the majority of the Shannon's age group demographic ( and many older folks, too) have some sort of body art.
Yes, I agree, I see this all the time, and most often, they are beautiful. They look faaaar better than the plain old "Indian Ink" ones that my age group used to adorn themselves with!!

Just think in a few decades there will be alot of misshapen and wrinkly tats in the nursing homes!! Maybe my friend had the right idea....a tattoo of a Shar-pei...it would only get better with time.
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
Yes, that is for sure!! I love that Shar-pei theory!!
default_yes.gif
BTW...welcome to the Forum!

Shannon, it's beautiful work....colors are very vibrant...nice!

I agree, you have to find the right artist........and it is a whole different medium. Me, I have two small ones, I wouldn't be able to sit for more than an hour or 2 at the most. The last Tat I got I had a sinus infection and oh boy, the pain was almost too much....almost passed out....and the tattoo was done way down on my leg, just above the ankle bone. But I did learn....always be in top health when going......haha.

It sounds like you have a very open, great relationship with your Mom.......that is awesome!!

I never got my tattoos until I was old (uhm.....well, in my early 30s)......and I love your Mom's idea about the sharpei.....I am pretty sure my Winnie the Pooh Sheriff is going to look pretty darn funny if I ever make it to an old folks home.....but hey, it will be entertainment for someone!!
default_biggrin.png

Wow! That is a large one but it looks very good! I think the colors are just strikingly gorgeous!

My younger sister's boyfriend is supposed to be going to LA this spring to get a tat on that LA Ink show. He already has quite a few but this one is going to be a special one in memory of his mom who passed away from cancer last year. I will let you know if he makes it there and actually onto the show. It is pretty exciting for us out in the sticks you know!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Shannon.... I think your tats are beautiful!! Nice work by the tattooist!! I would love to have a huge tattoo like that, but my body is not set up that way anymore...lol! I have 3 tats and am getting a new one for my Bday next month...can't wait!!

Shannon's mom...as a mother of 20 and 19 yr olds, I would be totally accepting of their decision, should they decide to go this route (they havent yet, but dont rule it out)...and my son has gauges in his ears, so i understand the piercings thing, too. I think as parents, we should always accept our children's decisions, as long as they are not harming themselves or others with the choices they make.

Shannon, That is a BEAUTIFUL tattoo, and I do like tattoos if done right, but I will admit I wouldnt be too thrilled if my 33 year old daughter came home with one that size.

Very nice design and colours, and I like the way that it makes use of the bodies natural curves. I'd like to eventually get a dragonfly tattoo on my ankle. I'd be too scared of anything else getting stretched out of shape and not looking like what it was supposed to be LOL. Maybe when I turn 40. Maybe.
default_unsure.png
default_ohnoes.jpg

Vicki

[SIZE=12pt]That is GORGEOUS! I don't have any ink, but I'd love one on the small of my back
default_wub.png
Steve just about has a heart attack every time I mention it though, so I doubt it would happen soon~LOL[/SIZE]

By the way, your Mom rocks!

That is beautiful...I couldn't do it though, I don't have the body for it anymore...I do have 3 tattoos...one on each ankle...a fish on one and a tribal drum horse on the other...and of course a tramp stamp
default_smile.png
...I would like to get another one maybe on my shoulder or top of my foot, but haven't found that perfect one yet..it will be my last one so want to make it a good one!

When my daughter got her first tattoo when she went to college, I was shocked. I found out about it by accident as it was on her back and not where you would normally see it. When she finally told her dad, he was worse than I was. He finally came around but said, NO MORE. She got another one last year which she kept secret until I walked in on her one day. It, too, is basically out of sight. Now she wants the two of us to get matching tattoos. I'm 58 and already wrinkled so I just can't see myself getting one. But, yours is really beautiful. My daughter's (a ladybug and a horseshoe) are not nearly as pretty as yours. I, too, used to pretty much have a low opinion of people with tattoos, but since my daughter got one I have realized that I need to adjust my old fashioned thinking.

That is gorgeous!!

I have one on my right hip, a small horse head and neck. At my sisters bachelorette party me and another bridesmaid got tatoos. I told my mom right away but didn't tell my dad until about 3 months later when he was telling us that he was giving his sister-in-law a bad time because her daughter has several tatoos all over. I had to tell him, I busted out laughing knowing I had one. He didn't believe me when I told him and finally had to show him. He just laughed and called me a horses butt or butt head.

I want to get another one on top of my foot to represent my 2 kids (girl and boy) any ideas??

Kelly

That is gorgeous!!

I have one on my right hip, a small horse head and neck. At my sisters bachelorette party me and another bridesmaid got tatoos. I told my mom right away but didn't tell my dad until about 3 months later when he was telling us that he was giving his sister-in-law a bad time because her daughter has several tatoos all over. I had to tell him, I busted out laughing knowing I had one. He didn't believe me when I told him and finally had to show him. He just laughed and called me a horses butt or butt head.

I want to get another one on top of my foot to represent my 2 kids (girl and boy) any ideas??

Kelly
[SIZE=12pt]What about a small heart, half pink & half blue?[/SIZE]

Nice Art! I have a few small tats that are sentimental. I am a Mom with tats. And to me its just an expression of ones self. I like them. But the face tattoos and piercings are not my taste.

Very nice. The flowers are beautiful now, but I would like to see them when you are 70. They might not be as perky.
default_biggrin.png
dionne

Thanks every body. My mom really does rock. I am very close to her and always will be. And even when I am 70 and those flowers are looking a little wilted i will be able to look back on my life and I will remember that day and what I was doing, what song was on the radio and I will remeber how happy I was that day. I have made the choice to love life and live it without regrets. I love art in its whole and this is how I have choosen it to express mysef.

That is sure a beautiful tatoo!

I was in my 30's when I got my tatoo, my mom wasn't very happy about it, it is only small on my ankle, now years later she's over it , my son just got his second one and grandma doesn't know, it is easier on me that way!!

I'd like to have some mini hoof prints on my foot, anyone have anything like that , to show?

Hey Shannon I do want to thank you and your mom for her input.

I'm going to break down and help Dan get his fixed the way he wants it thanks to you both.

I'll show you the mess he has back here when I get a picture of it. It is not pretty at all. His friend did it, not a professional.

Marty, your welcome! I know this will really make Dan happy as this(his tattoo) is a very personal mermorial to his brother. It is really to bad it wasn't done right in the first place but whats done is done and only a lesson can be learned from it.

Shannon

Shannon I love it and am a wee bit jealous
default_wink.png
The artist did amazing work...... and you have quite the canvas to work on
default_wink.png

I have black ink and have been seriously thinking about some COLOR.....finding both a good artist and the money are the two hangups at the moment......
default_rolleyes.gif
......good artists ain't cheap
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back