WOO HOO!!!! UPDATED PHOTOS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tam VanderWerf

Reaction score
HUBBA HUBBA!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!! (Can you tell I'm overjoyed?)
default_risa8.gif

Born just before 5 am this morning, a gray pinto FILLY (yes, finally a FILLY from Misty). Perfect presentation, she stood about 15 minutes after being born, the found the milk bar about 45 minutes later. Dan got her dried off and checked over with a huge grin on his face upon discovering it was a girl!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Proud parents are Alliance Star Wars (Bull) our 29 1/2" bay pinto stallion, who was crowned 2008 Reserve National Champion-30" and Under Country Pleasure Driving Stakes and Dent Miss Darlene (Misty Blue), a 33" dapple gray mare, who, up until this morning was very consistent having colts.

We are anxiously awaiting this little beauty to "unfold" and show us if she inherited her parents' beautiful movement with those long legs. She'll have to wait, as we have rain forecasted for the next couple days and she will have to remained stalled.

Will send some updated pictures in a couple of days. We are sooooo pleased with this little girl - nice neck, long legs, great color and markings and gorgeous dished head from her daddy!!!

Thanks to Misty for letting us get a decent night's sleep before she foaled early this morning..... she must have been talking to Wonder!

Enjoy!

Dan, Tam & DJ VanderWerf

MistyFilly025.jpg

MistyFilly015.jpg

3-27-09 - Here are a couple of pics I took yesterday afternoon once it stopped raining and could let the babies out. The black filly is this year's first born. She is a pest!!! She loves DJ and follows him all over the pasture.

Babies3-26-09007.jpg

Babies3-26-09028.jpg

Here is the newest filly born early Wednesday morning

Babies3-26-09025.jpg

Babies3-26-09033.jpg

Babies3-26-09003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, thats cute. Definately share photos when she unfolds. Congratulations. I have had nothing but colts for two years so I am hoping for our first filly, lol. Its been a filly year.

Congrats!! I just love her. But I am confused about the color... You say gray and that Mom is gray but neither looks gray to me. Are you seeing gray around the foals eyes that doesn't show in the photos?

Congratulations o your filly.

But....she is not a gray. One of her parents has to be a gray for her to be a gray. Dad is a bay pinto and mom is a silver dapple? Silver dapple is not gray. My guess is the filly is a silver dapple pinto. But until she is dry, who knows for sure. Her mane and tail are white, so she is showing the silver gene. Her body is sort of red, so that is why I am guessing silver dapple pinto.

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
NOW THAT IS ONE BEAUTIFUL FILLY!!!! MY ORDER EXACTLY>>>HOPE THE FILLY FAIRY HAS ONE JUST LIKE THAT FOR ME!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Congratulations on your little girl ! Sounds like she is gonna be extra special to you since it is her dam's first filly... She does look silver dapple to me too.

ALL I CAN SAY IS "OH". I cant wait for my guys to birth out, mine are late foals this year, June and July. I'm Jealous!!! Congrats!!!

Missy
default_saludando.gif

Congrats Tam, Dan & DJ on your new filly - way to go Misty and Bull. She sure is a pretty little thing.

Guess next time I make a trip to Alabama to see Dave, we'll have to make a side trip to Sweetwater to see all of you and your critters.

Enjoy your new little one - can't wait till Peanut foals so I'll have one of my own.

Barbie

Very pretty filly with great markings. I agree, silver dapple bay pinto to me, too. I can see the color in the clipped part of mom. I like the silver dapples better than plain gray - they never fade and each time you clip them it can be a surprise to see how the dapples look.

Latest posts

Back