Wonderful weekend and new friends

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
I haave had a friend from work over a few times with his wife and kids since their 4 and a half year old is horse crazy. She has been working with my mare Rainy mostly is learning basic grooming and handling as well as the groundwork for obstacles and showmanship. The past two times they were here she worked with Rainy, my silver bay mare that I show on the rare occasion that I get to. Poor Angel has stood at the fence begging for attention and since I had her out drying from a bath when the friend and family showed up I decided to let her play too. She was...well, an Angel. I just wanted to share a couple pics. I SO wish that these folks were ready to buy because Angel would be perfect for them...but they are renting right now and just learning about the horses. I have had Angel for sale for four months now and people seem only interested if she is kid-safe broke to drive, trained to ride under saddle for walk-trot classes AND bred to a top stallion...you know, all for the $650 I am askign for her. Uug! Ah well, I will share the fun pics of Angel and her new friends rather than ranting. I was SO proud of my girl! I did tell them where to go to get a little riding helmet (I am MUCH more comfortable that way!) and they are getting the little girl boots so she can use the stirrups next time--it was all so cute! Another friend was over too and she is the one that took the pics...the last pic I am adding just because it tickled me--it was before our little friends arrived.
smile.gif
This is what having minis is all about to me!

Minis035.jpg

Minis044.jpg

Best Friends

AngelAndMakayla.jpg

Okay, she is way fat--but I still love the way she moves!

AngelExtendedTrot.jpg

AngelWorkingTrot.jpg

Those pics are great! If I lived closer I'd be awfully interested in her. What color IS she? The one where she's riding is great, the mare looks like she's being very careful.

Thanks! Angel is actualy an appaloosa. She has little spots up her chest and neck and on her flanks. She gets a few more spots every year it seems. The spots are brown, but the rest of her is white. She has deep blue eyes but no mottling or striped hooves. Her sire was a dun leopard...that is about all I know for her color. LOL She is a sweet girl and just walks on eggshells with the kids. I should post the pics of her and her new little friend doing obstacles--it is too cute! She has been handled by all of the neighbor kids but Saturday was the first time she had a rider on her. As with everythig else, she took it in stride and was happy as long as the kids were happy. At one point the two year old was over-tired and crying. Angel was beside herself reaching up and nuzzling the little girl. Since our neighbors have moved I think Angel has felt very left out and she misses "her" little girl that used to come see ehr every day. She sure seemed to enjoy her visitors. Anyway, thanks for letting me share!

Those are the sweetest photos - I love the one you titled "Best Friends"! She's a pretty little mare, and looks like she is having fun!!!

Back