WON OUR FIRST SHOW

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Today we had our 'Ponies under 40inches' catigory at the fair. Its our first show ever. Coco and i Went 3'ed. I was getting a bit worried bc the one that went before was the guy who was giving us all the trouble about us having his stall when he just wanted to put tack in it and the board office got mad and moved us to it ...so i was stressing. His mini was the champ from last year. Took it all in Buggy obsticle and Halter. Well i knew coco and i did well. Stood perfectly square (took about 1 second to align his feet
biggrin.gif
) Then we did a perfect walk and then a beautiful turn (even though i went the wrong way almost but then corrected it quickly from what the judges wrote....
rolleyes.gif
. Then we trotted (i didnt have to drag him ..his nerves were going i think from everyone around him and all the hectic stuff going on). Stopped a cue and went to our standing spot. I knew we did well bc the girl beside me who was about 18 or 19 was like 'omg ...i knew you were going to win. I seen you two practicing earlyer'. i was like 'awww really'.

Then the horse i hated came out ...did pretty well. I could see why he won ..not because he did all the stuff right but bc he was actually somewhat appealing to the eyes compparied to the rest of them. Then when he was done about 3 other ones went. Coco stood pationately ..i was waiting for him to lay and roll
wub.gif
. Finially they wre all done ...first place ..second place and then first. They paused before first ...i knew it was between me and the 'previous champ' beside me. he gave me a 'forced smile' and i ignored it. Finially they anounced it 'Leeana Hackworth has taken 1'st place!'. My eyes got really big and i looked at the girl beside me and just smiled and trotted out ..followed be him. They all told me congrats exept for them ppl w/ that horse. They took him back to his stall and left ..didnt feed him or anything, just left. (this was around 9am this morning and i had been w/ coco since 6am ..never did they feed or water him. Finialyl around 4:30 they showed up and i left to go take a food break.

IM SO HAPPY ...first place ..first show! I think thats good. I had the cameria ..but forgot the little things like ((((batterys!)))). lol so no pics. I do have championship Saturady though.

Also took 2'ed place in the costume class. WoW i loved that one ...very fun. My AG teacher for the last 3 year was the judge so everyone kept saying little comments about that ..lol. Okay well i must go ..VERY HAPPY. Will post pics soon.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
You & Coco did wonderful for your first time....and should be very proud!
yes.gif

I"m so happy for you. I know you are just glowing.
aktion033.gif

Now that you got your feet wet, you will be much more comfortable with the ring and confident in Coco. Just relax now and chill. I'll be cheering for you at the next show.
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

488.gif
488.gif
488.gif
firstprize.gif
firstprize.gif
firstprize.gif
firstprize.gif

Good job! Sounds like you had fun. Remember to be kind and a good sport, even if others aren't. Good luck with your championship class!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
aktion033.gif
Way to go! Can't wait to hear how you do in the Championship class.... and can't wait to see photos!

Good Luck for the rest of your show!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

What a good first show!!!

However, please be a good sport, and do not get into trouble, be nice to others even if they aren't nice to you

[SIZE=14pt]Congradulations! Now you can relax because the worst is over![/SIZE]

Have fun and keep us posted.

Lyn

Okay so Saturday was our last show. It was the Champ show. We did okay. There was about 15 or 16 horses in it (not sure which ..i would check but i dont have pics developed yet). Went quite well ..it was a bit different.

Well it started off like usual ..1) walk to the judge .2) trot past ...3) line up. Did all that ..then she said 'circle please'. We had to TROT a circle around the arena. Now i dont know about you guys ..but im not in the best ideal shape out there. I knew we did pretty good w/ the walking and trotting ..i knew a couple did better then us. I wasnt expecting 1'st place at all. Actually i wasnt really expecting to place. I knew coco was in good shape ..looked good, but his attention wasnt 100% there that day. We finished our million mile lap and the judge walked around. I placed 5th out of 16.

I dont think we did to bad really for our first show. I mean it wasnt an award winning moment at all, but i was happy with it.

1'st in our Lot

5'th in our class

It was fun ..i am now adicted to showing i think. I just dont like some of the ppl who do it. They all seem a bit cocky and 'i know it all'. Between the ppl in the stall next to us and the snobby little brats that after they heard this was my first show got mad and started getting cocky w/ me ...i might need a couple hours of anger managment. But it was fun ..looking forward to next summer now. Got a yearling arabian chestnut gelding to train for halter and showmanship next year now to!
smile.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Go get'em girl
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

You got
firstprize.gif
firstprize.gif
firstprize.gif
aktion033.gif