WNV vaccine

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought some of the Merial locally from a vet for $18 a dose. I wanted Recombitek but she did not have it - I've found it in catalogs recently for $19/20 per dose if you buy 10, plus shipping.

Jan

I just bought some of the Merial locally from a vet for $18 a dose. I wanted Recombitek but she did not have it - I've found it in catalogs recently for $19/20 per dose if you buy 10, plus shipping.

Jan
Jan, Merial IS Recombitek. Merial is the company, Recombitek is the name of the vaccination. Maybe you meant Prevnile? (the new one)

I just priced the WNV shots here, and the prices were as follows:

Fort Dodge combo: (need 2 doses/horse initially, one a year thereafter)

10 ml vial (10 doses) = $321.51 (works out to $32.13 ea)

12 x 1ml doses = $434.32 (works out to $36.19 ea)

Merial: (need 2 doses/horse initially, one a year thereafter)

10 x 1ml doses = $258.85 (works out to $25.86 ea)

Prevnile: (need only 1 dose/horse initially, and annually thereafter)

10 x 1ml doses = $305.76 (works out to $30.58 ea)

Merial IS Recombitek.
I knew that :DOH! . I got Merial/Recombitek from the vet, what I was going to order was Prevenile. Brain slippage LOL.

$30/dose for Prevenile sounds really high to me, just checked Agri-Med again and they are $199. for 10 doses.

Jan

Merial IS Recombitek.
I knew that :DOH! . I got Merial/Recombitek from the vet, what I was going to order was Prevenile. Brain slippage LOL.

$30/dose for Prevenile sounds really high to me, just checked Agri-Med again and they are $199. for 10 doses.

Jan
default_yes.gif
Yes, I figured it was just a slip of words. As for the prices, yes, tell me about it! It is DISGUSTING the price we have to pay for the same vaccines here in Canada! I looked at the site Charlotte posted at the Encevac TC4 and they were $10-something. My quote from my vet was $16-something if bought in the 10 dose vial, or $17-something for the individuals.
default_no.gif
I sure wish we could but across the border!

Interesting that your horse meds are so high but people Rx is cheaper in Canada. Go figure.
default_rolleyes.gif

Jan

Latest posts

Back