Wisconsin farms..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
Everybody okay up there with that horrible hurricane??
unsure.gif

Duh..I meant tornados..need more coffee
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It just missed my house! i live in stoughton and it hit the north side of our city. luckily i am on the south side. my sister's farm had alot of wind and rain but is ok and the horses (mine included) are all ok! it was a super cell of tornados and there has been nothing like it in this area in like 25 years, they say. Over 20 tornadoes sighted and touched down!

thanks for your concerns!

jennifer
saludando.gif

Whew, that was a lot of confirmed tornadoes. We are in southwest Wisconsin and I have a lot of down branches and mess to clean up but that's the worst. One tree split and came down on my husband's 73 olds, but it split high on the trunk and never came completely off so it landed easy on the front quarter panel and didn't hardly even leave a scratch.

We are trying to get moved up near Westby and my husband is up there, He was digging water lines at the new place. He said it blew through like crazy but no serious damage just a lot of mud to wrok in. So we are feeling pretty fortunate.

Hope the rest of you are ok !!

They "say' more severe weather coming through today.

Kinda hope not...

Anne, glad you guys are ok! yes, they are saying more storms today! i hope you all keep safe! jennifer
saludando.gif

I live north of there about 15 miles. A friends Dad who lives there had to put down two mini broodmares because the barn crushed them.
no.gif
no.gif
They lost all 4 barns. And everything in them, hay, halters, lead ropes, everything. The vets came out last night at midnight to work on the injured horses.

A lot of people called a local radio station to say they could take in displaced animals. We were going to but they said they already had enough people say they could but no one has called to have any placed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tami, your area was hard hit too! So sorry to hear about the mini's belonging to your dad's friend! Glad you and your horses are ok!

Hope everyone else is ok! jennifer
saludando.gif

My dad lost the two minis. Crushed under the barns that are all gone. The other two are battered and cut but will pull through, the 4 big horses were in a field and full of mud and minor cuts but fine. I've never seen such a horrible thing in my life. The devastation, everything is just gone. We caught the horses using binder twines from a few remaining hay bales next to what used to be the hay mow. The halters, lead ropes, blankets, buckets, everything is just no where to be found. Of course, no running water, no electricity--I'm crying as I type.

Poor Kiwi and Kiowa, just didn't have a chance.

OldStageMinis said:
My dad lost the two minis.  Crushed under the barns that are all gone. The other two are battered and cut but will pull through, the 4 big horses were in a field and full of mud and minor cuts but fine.  I've never seen such a horrible thing in my life.  The devastation, everything is just gone.  We caught the horses using binder twines from a few remaining hay bales next to what used to be the hay mow.  The halters, lead ropes, blankets, buckets, everything is just no where to be found.  Of course, no running water, no electricity--I'm crying as I type.Poor Kiwi and Kiowa, just didn't have a chance.

451618[/snapback]

So sorry for your loss.

I know it's not much solace, but I have a few extra barn halters (large and small), I'd be more than happy to send you a couple. Just PM me.

OldStageMinis - I'm so sorry to hear about your two Mini's. You must all be in total shock losing your barns and precious mini's. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Here's hoping and praying everyone else is ok in Wisconsin too!

oldstage -I am so sorry- How very sad for you & your dad. I hope the other horses will be ok. Bless you all!

I'm up here in north-east Wisconsin, about 1 hour from Green Bay. We are all Ok in this area. We had some horrible downpours, and tornado warnings all around us . They said the storm was moving our way, but THANKFULLY it missed us. About 15 minutes south of us they had hail the size of a quarter coming down..we missed that too. OldStageMinis- I am so sorry to hear about your minis and barns. Prayers and (((huggs))) for you and your family. Corinne

OldStageMinis said:
My dad lost the two minis.  Crushed under the barns that are all gone. The other two are battered and cut but will pull through, the 4 big horses were in a field and full of mud and minor cuts but fine.  I've never seen such a horrible thing in my life.  The devastation, everything is just gone.  We caught the horses using binder twines from a few remaining hay bales next to what used to be the hay mow.  The halters, lead ropes, blankets, buckets, everything is just no where to be found.  Of course, no running water, no electricity--I'm crying as I type.Poor Kiwi and Kiowa, just didn't have a chance.

451618[/snapback]

Julie Smithback, is that youf whose father lost his beautiful mares? How is Bet a Buck and your herd doing? I am so very sorry to hear about your father's loss, as I know he loved those mares so much. If there's anything I can do to help, keep your horses pastured here until things get settled.....just say the word and I'll be there in a few hours! They'll have a pasture/shelter all their own with plenty of grazing.

Hugs to you....my condolences to your Daddy!

Cindy

OldStageMinis said:

451618[/snapback]

new_shocked.gif
OMG! I am SOOOOOO very sorry for your/your Dad's loss. So glad that not all the horses were lost, and that you/your Dad are uninjured. How terrifying! (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry for the loss of the mares.

Thankfully you and your dad are ok. It seems God and His Angels were watching over you two.

OldStageMinis - so sorry for your losses. I cant begin to imagine...prayers and hugs coming your way.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, and yes Cindy at Dunpaintedranch it is Julie Smithback and it was my dad's farm so my minis were fine at home-thank god.

His didn't do so well. The stallion hurt is Dusty's sire--has a nasty looking slice in his side that the vet sutured partly up and then put a drain in so the wound would drain-and it is. He also had stitches in 2 legs but is weightbearing so I'm glad for that. His one mare has cuts but okay and then the other two you know about, and of course they couldn't just be killed instantly they had to suffer--sorry a little bitter right now.

4 big horses did fine with a few scrapes but have no shelter to go into, and won't come up to the barn water tank, I don't know if it is the fact that they can still smell the blood from the others which despite cleaning the cement with bleach I can smell also, or if it is because the barn "exploded". Either way, we have moved buckets into the field for now and that will have to do.

We've been finding a few barn belongings in the next field, brushes, a lead rope, etc. but most of the stuff is gone. Such a shame, my dad had such a nice horse barn with everything hanging so neatly, you know you just dig through the rubble and cry.

Latest posts

Back