Wireless Barn Camera from Barncam.com

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Paradise

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased this camera for their barn? I came across this website and found this wireless camera that I think will work for me. I was told to go with a "wired" camera because of the longer distance from the house to the barn. I am not sure what the distance is between house and barn but will measure tomorrow. From reading information on this "wireless" camera it works with metal barns (ours is metal) and can be purchased for up to 1 mile for extra charge. I know our barn is not that far but might be up to 500 feet and this camera will work. It will cost about $600 which isn't too bad. If you have purchased this camera or know of someone else who has please share your experience with it. Here is the link for the camera:

http://barncams.com/store/catalog/wireless-barncams/wireless-camera-system-metal-stone-or-wood-barns-2.html

I can only share my limited experience with cams:

After reading through pages and pages of the cam help forum on MareStare and talking to Heather (who says NO to wireless), I bought this: http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=9B12706D0BAD3B18F25D93FDFB51421E#ip/Sumas-Media-SM-DVSUPER10-4-Channel-H.264-DVR-Security-System-with-4-Indoor-Outdoor-CMOS-Night-Vision-Cameras/15939919

My barn was about 300 ft from the house so I had to buy some extra cable for the cams and we put it through pvc pipe to protect it. With the extra cable and pvc pipe it was about an extra $100. The quality is fantastic and the cams covered 2 stalls each for me. All 4 cams could be viewed at once on my tv (but did have the option to view separately), which I really liked and the CMOS cams are compatible with MareStare, which was a must for me. They are at the 420 tv line-always stay 400 or higher. Loved the crystal clear images
default_smile.png

Lots of luck! It's so nice having cams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have wireless cams and I am really pleased with the results although if i use my microwave while viewing it does interfere with the picture..i set it up to watch on my bedroom tv which is at the front of the house and the stables are at the back of the house.. i had an excellent picture and really good sound quality..i was tempted to go for the wired version but im very pleased with my wireless system...i cant comment on the cameras that you posted a link for but maybe if it doesnt work for you..you could get a refund n go with the wired version if your able..i use the swan cctv system

I have a wireless cam that I got from Riversource through the marestare web site. Used it to have cam hosted on marestare and now with no mares due use it locally to watch a sick horse or just to check in. Our barn is probably only 100' from the house and the picture is great. Yes when we run the microwave the picture goes "wonky" a term my grandson coined but then if I am running the microwave I am not watching the camera. Love having a camera, wireless has been great for us.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I am still wanting to see if anyone out there has used this exact camera. I may just order it and hope that it will work. It sounds really good.

Yep, I have this system and it works great. I have had it for years.

Latest posts

Back