~winter~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
Winter has arrived here in Australia. It snows maybe one or two days a year where I live. It makes the front page of the local newspaper when it does! The snow melts as soon as it hits the ground most times. It's a real treat living in the country and could never go back to life in the suburbs.

Winter time in the country is so pretty and peaceful. The air is fresh and crisp. I used to be a real summer girl, but as I'm getting older, I appreciate winter in such a different way. Cuddled up in front of the fire watching TV, spending time with my family. Looking out the window and strain to see my little horses through the fog.

I took this photo after work today as the winter fog began to roll in across the back field. The little horses were 'smoking' fog breath. It's been foggy every morning and night for the last few days. I can't see the horses through the heavy fog in the mornings!

Picture1585.jpg

Picture1586.jpg

xox Leonie xox

Beautiful pictures. So peaceful. County here also, I agree no suburbs for us either. Thanks for sharing!

Happy Winter!!

It's neat to see how different the seasons are in your part of the world. We will be into the 80's today and thunderstorms, humid, yucky... I love fall and winter the best!!!

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us and I enjoyed the illustration. Yep I'm a country girl all the way. The four seasons here are beautiful. Only time I have any complaints is during the dog days of summer when it gets real hot and high humidity and in January to Feb. when we "can" get into a deep freeze. I say "can" because lately we have not ....mother nature is really changing her schedule around.
default_biggrin.png
We're going up into the 90's this weekend...it's not even summer yet!!
default_wacko.png

Beautiful pictures!

What is the average temperature during the winter down there?
We have only just come into winter so we are still getting day time temperatures of around 17oC (62.6oF). Once winter takes hold, we will have temps around 10oC (50oF). So you can see it does not get as cold as other parts of the world! In the middle of winter we get to zero overnight, sometimes just below zero.

During the summer we average temperatures of around 32oC (90oF). We are really lucky as we don't deal with much humidity at all. It's a very dry heat here. Although there are times when it reaches 40oC (104oF) and thats not nice for anyone!

When I visited Canada during the winter, I almost died at how cold it gets! I remember it being so cold it hurts to breath! The funny thing is that when it makes it to zero here, it makes the news! For other parts of the world, zero would be a warm day.

I also recall seeing people out in their shorts and tshirts washing their cars with snow still on the ground! But hey- the sun was out!!

I guess we all get used to the climate we live in. We can experience 4 seasons in one day here in Melbourne. There is a saying that goes "if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes" and it's very true.

Latest posts

Back