Winter Blankets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normajeanbaker

Reaction score
Where does everyone get their winter blankets for their Mini's? My Mini's winter blanket has seen it's final winter, and I would like to order her a new one soon. What brand does everyone like? Where do you buy yours? The problem I seem to run into most is finding Mini sheets and blankets that fit right around the withers/chest/neck area. Some of the Mini sheets and blankets I have gotten just don't fit right. I don't mind paying for a decent blanket.

Just wondering what brand everyone likes and where everyone shops. Just want to make sure I get a decent one that actually fits. Some of them look great in the pictures but aren't so great when they arrive.

Thanks a bunch!!

Jen

I have severalI like my badgers the best. I got them on the auction site right here on LB. But I must say that normally I do not blanket my horses. They get enough hair to keep them warm. I have some on hand because of the time one of my horses actually did get soaked to the bone during a rain and the time I decided that March was late enough to clip a horse. It isn't. SO now I just keep some on hand just in case.

Same with me, they get their winter blanket from the lord. I would never consider clipping the winter hair on a horse. We get winter temperatures of minus 35 on more than a few occassions in the course of a winter. Plus I save money on not having to buy them.

Hi Jen,

I got mine at Schneider for $29.95. The blanket has a large double velcro belly band and an adjustable front closure, just velcro it where you want it. It also has shoulder adjustment straps, the leg straps were separate for $4.95.

Lee

Thanks for the suggestions
aktion033.gif
I will check them out!

My horse doesn't grow much of a winter coat, so she will be blanketed. We don't clip them in the winter, but she has never grown much of a coat, so she wears one to stay warm. I won't stand there and watch her shiver, so it's worth it to me to blanket her.

Jen

saludando.gif

Jen, Last year Fred was clipped for equine affaire and he HAD to be blanketed.

I got mine from National Bridle and it has a front closure. It's actually a

turnout blanket and its waterproof. It was extremely reasonable and he lived in

it all winter. With the winters we have that might work for you. Linda B
smile.gif

The best fitting winter blankets (and sheets!) at the best price are those made by Triple L. They are the only ones I use on my show horses.

Supreme Equine Design. They will be at Nationals in Tulsa, and at World in Ft Worth. I like the Triple L too, but have found that Supreme's hold up better for me.

Jan

Star Lake Tack has some nice blankets... its the first one on their blanket page. They fit great!

Good Luck!

-Kris

Latest posts

Back