Winston Gets Unstapled Today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I got up hours earlier than I needed to but now, true to form, I'm pressed for time. Just wanted to let you all know that my golden child gets his surgery staples from his bladder stone operation removed today at the Animal Hospital. YAY!!! I am hoping we can also say good bye to the goofy looking lampshade collar he has been sporting for the past 16 days! I hope he will not be scared when he realizes he's going back to the hospital, but he won't have to be left there this time
biggrin.gif
He thinks his mom's got early senility because she keeps taking him places and then forgetting him when she leaves... On the other hand maybe it's not so early because he heard his mom is 36 and that is very old. He never knew people lived that long.

He thinks his mom's got early senility because she keeps taking him places and then forgetting him when she leaves...
laugh.gif
LOL !!!!

I thought Lakota would never forgive me for that one when she went and got spayed!

I did'nt realize Winston still had staples in him...but yea I guess so with a surgery like that. Thank goodness it'll all be over ....those Elizabethian/lampshade collars are such a bummer. I know you'll be glad to see him walking around normally again. How is he doing on the new food? Is he getting back to normal again with his "pee-pee" episodes? Give that little boy a big hug and kiss for me on his little button nose!
wub.gif

Yeah Winston!

What kind of food did the vet put him on?

Glad to hear your fur baby is almost back to normal.

He's all unstapled. We got there 2 hours early
rolleyes.gif
I thought we might, but if you live in Northern VA, you know how if you run into traffic, it can add a couple hours to that trip easily. Luckily, they were able to see him when we got there at 9am.

He is doing great. He knew on the way to the vet he was going somewhere and was very concerned. I held him and sung to him all the way there, but on the way back, he knew he was going back home and just enjoyed the ride in the car -- riding in the back of the Santa Fe with the seats down looking out, laying down, just being really confident.

He is on Hills Science Diet U/D, which thankfully he loves! He comes bounding into the kitchen in the morning when he gets 1/2 a can of it, and then at night, he gets a cup of the dry version of the same food (hand fed) which we call "Winston's Special Cookie" and he loves it and the special hand feeding. He's a hambone.

One positive thing for me through this -- not worth it, but a small good thing, is that he's decided he wants to sleep at least part of the night in this travel cage. Probably feels like it's a little cave just for him. It's right beside H's side of the bed. He spends part of the night in that travel crate and part on his pillow which is between H's and my pillow but the good part for me about the crate sleeping is that you would be really surprised to know how loud a 15# shih-tzu can snore and he's been skinny until now but is now getting real filled out so I bet he'll get even louder. So many times each night, I have to wake him up to get him to move and then try to beat him back to sleep because I can't fall asleep when he's snoring (but it won't wake me if I'm asleep when he starts).

wub.gif

You all already know I'm a total goofus when it comes to the dogs and talking for them and singing.

Winston has a new song to go with his 1/2 a can of presciption food breakfast, that I stand in the kitchen and sing to him as he eats it:

Yummy yummy yummy

put canned meat in his tummy

and he likes to eat it now

Canned meat such a good thing

such a good to eat thing

and he likes to eat it now

(repeat and repeat like a crazy person)

HOWEVER, since this prescription food is the ONLY thing he's eating, he'd probably rather hear an old favorite, The Cheese Song

Oh please

Could he have

A piece of cheese

A piece of cheese

Is what he need

Oh plea-ease

A piece of chee-eese

I love your Winston songs!!!
aktion033.gif
That's too funny!! So glad to hear he's doing so well!!
cheekkiss.gif

OH Jilly those darn staples hurt like a mother. When he gets those out he's still going to be sore. Put some little lotion on the baby boo boos.....kissy and huggy face and all that. You totally gotta call me when you get free mintues.
wub.gif

Wow they are just taking the staples out?> Poor guy, take Marty's advice, I had staples after both my ankle 're-modelings'
rolleyes.gif
and they are just so very yucky... LOL and I Loved your songs, they were great, I can just imangin him bopping about with you singing his little songs to him!
yes.gif
yes.gif

laugh.gif
oh Jill, you're too funny!! I'd love to see a video clip of you singing to Winston like that!
biggrin.gif
Glad to hear he's doing so well. I have a little male Shih-Tzu too. His name is Baxter. I'll have to post his pic one day (if he ever stops rolling in the horse poo
wacko.gif
)

Latest posts

Back