Windy Hill ~Izzie **Colt pics pg 36**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking thru the photos saved on my laptop and found a random pic of Izzie from this summer...look at how pointy her tummy was then! I was positive we were having an october baby! HA! I found another one that it looks even pointier in...but her butt looks HUGE in it, and I wouldnt want a pic of myself with my bum looking huge posted! Can yall tell that it is past my bed time? I had a very long/bad/crazy day and now I cant sleep!!! :arg!
default_new_multi.gif
:arg!

PICT0916.JPG

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_488.gif
default_risa8.gif
Guess what...guess what...GUESS WHAT!?!?!
default_488.gif
default_risa8.gif

Izzie has udder progress!!!! I havent checked her since saturday morning, but I got off work early today and decided to do some work in the pasture. So I checked Izz and this is what I found! First pic of each angle is from saturday morning and second pic of each angle is from today! I swear the camera is making look smaller...in person I see a HUGE difference!

SANY9455.JPG

SANY9479.JPG

SANY9454.JPG

SANY9478.JPG

New Izzie pics from today. It has suddenly turned cold and the wind is blowing like crazy so she wasnt exactly in the picture taking mood! These arent great...

SANY9509.JPG

SANY9489.JPG

SANY9496.JPG

Oh! I forgot to add...I have been seeing A LOT of BIG fetal movement (like huge kicks and thumps) but today I didn't. It was cold and getting dark so I only stayed out with her for about 15min, but in that time I usually see a ton of action and today I only saw one time up near her flank and it was more like a something rolling or rubbing along there than a kick.

I am sure it says it somewhere on here but I have been out of the loop for a bit.... How far along is Miss Izzie?! She looks wonderful!!!

Thanks! She was pasture bred, and the last time that I observed her in heat was last october...but obviously she didnt catch then! (that is also right about the time that that I found out I was pregnant and was horribly sick, then on bed rest) So she is due sometime between now and april. My hubby is a weather buff and told me earlier that after weeks of warm weather in the 60's-70's-and even a few day's in the 80's we have the possibility of a snow storm on new years day. With my luck that is the day that she will pick.
default_doh.gif

Just tell him he has to take over "food duty" and she'll love him in a matter of days !!!!
This is so true. My first horse, a half-Arab gelding, was mistreated by his previous owner and thus disliked men, he bit my dad on more than one occasion, but never so much as looked twice at a woman. when I went away to college; the first place I boarded the owner did all the feeding, Jack was the nicest man you'd ever meet and Cheddar lost his fear/dislike of men.

Is it just me or does it seem to be filling really fast??? I don't know anything about her "normal" for foaling other than her previous owners woke up to find a foal in the pasture with her...

Wowser!

Looks like several of our girls are getting udders!

come on Izzy !!!... We need someone to start this race off ..hahaha... who's gonna have the first little bubba ..
default_xreiter.gif

ARG.... I wrote a whole big post and my computer lost it!

All the other pics this week have been from in the afternoon around 4pm-5pm, so I took some morning pics to compare. These are from around 7am today. Right now Izz is in the pasture with two other mares. They have about an acre of pasture with a run in shelter on one end and the barn on the other. The barn has two connected stalls. One is full of hay and the other I leave open so the girls can come and go as they please (that is where my camera is set up) Izzie has been sleeping in the stall at night. I have another little paddock set up closer to the house. It is about 20ftX50ft and shares a fence with the pasture that she is in now. It has an 8ftX10ft stall at one end. I counted my steps as i walked out this morning and it is literally about 38-40 steps from my bed to the stall. I am thinking about moving her over to the smaller paddock today, but don't want to stress her out....what do ya'll think?

ETA: if i move her i will move the camera too!

SANY9541.JPG

SANY9544.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I am setting up an account on camstreams I think that I will put her camera online when I move her over. There is a gate that connects the small paddock to the pasture that she is in now...i'm going to open it so that she can get used to coming in the new area. I am getting excited now!!! With all the waiting for nothing that we had with Darla my hubby refuses to get excited until we have a baby on the ground....so annoying!

Miss Diane, a "textbook mare" would be awesome...here's hoping! I thought of something this morning too....where is Anna??? I havent seen any posts from her for quite a little while. Did I miss a post...is she ok?

Izz pics from 5pm! Sorry they arent great...i jumped in the shower and when I was drying my hair i realized it was almost dark so I ran out and snapped a few! Her teats are moving...thats the only way that I know to put it! Her tummy looks dropped to me too, and she was holding her tail funny. Anybody wanna guess when she will go???? She is progressing pretty steadily!

SANY9547.JPG

SANY9548.JPG

SANY9551.JPG

Latest posts

Back