Windy Hill ~Izzie **Colt pics pg 36**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome. You can see he clearly loves having that job. How sweet
default_wub.png

Izzie is the same. No development in the udder department an ALOT of foal movement. I sat and watched her for a while yesterday. I will try to get some new pics today if it isnt dark when I get home!

Well...it was dark by the time I got home yesterday. I will take new pics this weekend.I did help with a delivery today. My step mom (who is a very sweet lady, but not exactly a "farm girl") called me in a panic. One of her goats was in labor and having a hard time. So I left work and rushed to her house. The doe had delivered the head, but the baby was stuck. I quickly layed her down and had my step mom hold her. The baby had a leg hung up so I righted that and the little doeling popped out! Then she delivered another little doeling on her own. It took a little while for the first one to get going, but they were both up and trying to nurse when I left. Here are pic of Sally and the new kids. (the one that I delivered is the one closest to the camera!)

SANY9336.JPG

SANY9337.JPG

SANY9346.JPG

Awww they are soon cute, I've been wanting a goat for soooo long. I'm very jealous lol

Awwe! I am jealous! I have to wait til Feb for my goatie kids.

As for the udder department same here no changes......

How many days is Izzie now?

Bonny I THOUGHT Izzie was due a couple of months ago...so not sure when she is due now. She was pasture bred and I was going from the last time that I saw her in heat.

The goats are really cute! We have a little nigerian dwarf doe that we are getting ready to breed to kid in the spring. This doe is 3/4 nigerian dwarf 1/4 alpine and she was bred to a nigerian dwarf buck. ND's are known to have up to 4 or even 5 kids at a time....usually twins or triplets though. I am not sure that she was done kidding when I left..possibly one more. I told my step mom to watch her and call if I needed to come back.

I had a maiden mare that I watched for almost a year once, was told she was in foal, but she was only early so I watched and watched and watched, even Vet told me Christmas, she finially foaled late April! LOL

Yep it was INSANE...Had a lot of support so it was ok. Sure was excited when the foal was born though!

My first mini had a huge tummy and even had an udder with milk....I watched and watched and waited and FINALLY realized that it was a false pregnancy! That almost made me crazy! I did get some Izzie pics today. Will post them in a few!

These pics were taken today. No progress in the udder, but still lots of BIG fetal movement. I moved Duchess in with Izz today. There were a couple of tense moments, but they are getting along great. I am going to post a few pics of Duchess next. I am seeing a little bit of movement that could be foal...nothing like with Izzie though.

SANY9439.JPG

SANY9454.JPG

SANY9455.JPG

SANY9474.JPG

SANY9462.JPG

This is Duchess. Pics taken yesterday and today....it has been rainy and wet and muddy. We arent 100% that she is in foal, but she has been running with a stallion and her previous owners havent seen her in heat since last april. I don't think that her tummy is big enough to be that far along. She is a short little mare...only 29.5". What do yall think? (she is "stretched" in the second pic trying to get a treat from my hubby thru the fence!)

SANY9448.JPG

SANY9418 (2).JPG

I love Izzie's giant lopsided tummy. Sometimes the foal will get in a position so there is an absolutely flat spot on her side..so funny. Izzie is the girl that came to me underweight and mistreated. Her previous owner was a tall thin man and I dont think that he beat her, but he wasnt exactly nice to her. She still has issues with my tall thin-ish husband. She came up to him and took a treat out of his hand on sunday and he was so excited. She has been with us for well over a year now, and it is very rare that she will let him anywhere near her.

Or better still, get him to EAT all the food. The change in his shape horizontally should calm her down lol

Latest posts

Back