Windy had her baby at 10:45 p.m. May 14

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Last of the foaling season for us.

2 fillies this year. They do look a lot a like...

So happy to share
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Kavelbel W. BTU'S Canadian Laila 15 [/SIZE]

AMHA / AMHR Pintaloosa Filly

Born May 14

Sire: Tamaracs Delta Rae

Dam: Meadowind Calypso Cadence

30 minutes old:

Windybabyfilly.jpg

Just about 24 hours old:

Laila5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go!!! Yep, I think you may just have yourself a pintaloosa and for sure a girl
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics! Her white marking down her shoulder kind of looks like a lightening bolt!
default_wub.png

Now a question:

I love it when they are born with mottling.
The two appies we've had born here were both born with mottling and all of the full size appies I've seen born have been mottled at birth too, so I guess I didn't know/realize that they can be born without mottling? Reason I ask is we just had a colt born on the 9th, sire is a black near leopard overo-loosa and dam is a silver black pintaloosa with both patterns visible.. The colt is black and white pinto, no visible appaloosa pattern and I can't find mottling on him anywhere, will he mottle out later?

Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics! Her white marking down her shoulder kind of looks like a lightening bolt!
default_wub.png

Now a question:

I love it when they are born with mottling.
The two appies we've had born here were both born with mottling and all of the full size appies I've seen born have been mottled at birth too, so I guess I didn't know/realize that they can be born without mottling? Reason I ask is we just had a colt born on the 9th, sire is a black near leopard overo-loosa and dam is a silver black pintaloosa with both patterns visible.. The colt is black and white pinto, no visible appaloosa pattern and I can't find mottling on him anywhere, will he mottle out later?

Her mom is six this year.
Yes, he could, I just went out and checked Ivy Jean my yearling and she was black around her butt and has the mottling started and striped hoofs, so she will also be a buckskin pintaloosa..

We have not decided yet, but thinking of keeping our new fillies this year and maybe show my yearling than sell her instead of these two fillies looking so much alike.

Who knows have to wait and see how they turn out but yes, the mother of this girl had no mottling till she was 2 years old, and she has more than my other mare..washes out every year... My mare is six this year.

Now she is about 24 hours old.

[SIZE=12pt]Kavelbel W. BTU'S Canadian Laila 15 [/SIZE]

AMHA / AMHR Pintaloosa Filly

Born May 14

Sire: Tamaracs Delta Rae

Dam: Meadowind Calypso Cadence

Laila5.jpg

Pretty, pretty! She looks like she has a lightning bolt going down her shoulder!

Latest posts

Back