Window Coverings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what type of window covering that I would like to get..

I wanted some opinions about what you guys have/like/don't like and how easy they are to keep clean..

It seems like there are so many types of coverings out there....... wood, vertical, shades etc etc....
default_rolleyes.gif

Connie,

I think it would depend on what type of house you have. We have a 150 + year old Colonial with some Japanese influence.........(mine).

In the family room which looks out on the back yard we have large windows and use triple insulated Cellular blinds that are well worth the investment as you can just blow them off to clean them. These hide behind the curtains when pulled up.

In the front of the house which looks over the street, we have the Southern Plantation Blinds made of vinyl which need to be cleaned with a Swiffer.......... Cannot be hidden by curtains. We thought these would block road noise, but I think I was wrong.....

Would rather have the cellular ones all over.

An American home with no influence from other "styles", shoud fit the cellular ones, or Roller shades.

dru

I think a lot depends on your style of house, decor, window size, etc.

I put plantation shutters in my new 'office' (former bedroom) this past fall and I LOVE them! Wish I had lots of $$$ and I would put them in most windows in my home. This house has very large windows and I love being able to open and close the shutters to let in light or keep it out as needed. They've helped a lot this summer keeping out the sun and keeping this room cooler. A big plus for Oklahoma!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back