will i ever own a buckeroo son

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denny10012

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking since Buckeroos passing " RIP Buckeroo" will the price of buckeroo sons and daughters go up? i have always wanted a buckeroo son or daughter but have not been able to afford one ! will i now never be able to buy one of my own? whats your opinons on this..

The place to look would be the Little King Farm web site, contact them and see if they can help you achieve your dream.

As for answering the other question, that was the first thing out of my husband mouth when I went out to tell him about Bukaroos passing. I don't know if prices will go up or not on offspring, All I can say is I own several grand daughters and our stallion is his great grand son out of Little Kings Black Velvet, I wouldn't part with any of them for any amount of money.

Should probably never say never but unless one of us gets really sick they will live here all the days of their lives.

Don't let your dream go, follow it. It may not be a dirrect son or daughter but there are plenty of his grand get out there. I went to a auction last fall and one of his daughters was in the auction, she only sold for a small amount, but I couldn't purchase her as I already have too many, she was also a buckskin and in foal, so they are out there, just search.

I meaan this respectfully, but factually. I would not at all be surprised to see an immediate spike in the asking price of Buckeroo get and grand get. However, there are literally hundreds of direct sons and daughters of Buckeroo out there and probably thousands of grandsons and daughters. I expect after an initial spike, the prices will settle back down again. I once saw a direct son available for sale for $500. In my opinion, he was NOT a good example of Buckeroo breeding. I recently saw a grandson that would not even bring a bid at auction (they were tryig to get a bid of $35.oo), and he was not a bad little horse. Two reasons why I did not bid on him: 1) I don't have room for another stallion, 2) He was not my color of choice. If I had one less stallion at home, I would have bid on him. If he had been my color of choice, I would have bid on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Songcatcher. I think there will be a spike and then it will drop down again in price. As with any stallion not all of the offspring is breeding quality. Does anyone know if his sperm was froze for future foals and AI? I was curious about that also. He was a magnificent horse and did contribute so much to the breed.

I too always dreamt of a buckeroo daughter (or son) I dont believe Ill ever get one now (she/he would have been the first in Ireland ) the price of breeding quality ones will go up and that coupled with the cost of quarantine and transport makes it impossible , Ill just have to drool over the forum members Buckeroo get instead so come on and post some pics

As with any wonderful thing or person that passes-the "souvenirs" go up in price usually. I think the name Boones Little Buckeroo in a bloodline had been treasured while he was alive as it will be now at his passing. I agree we will probably see some price increases and eventually a wain; though the respected name shall live on. I am certainly proud to claim two extremely nice geldings who are individually a grandson and a great-grandson (one on both sides). My (our-hubby) little piece of history!
default_biggrin.png

I know it's controversial, but they should have had him cloned! At least as a living replica, even never to be bred (or maybe the temptation would be just too great). It's legal to clone horses, ya know. It's costly, but c'mon... it was BUCKEROO
default_smile.png
OK, I'm done with my little fantasy LOL

As for prices going up, you still need a better economy to support higher prices. My prediction is they won't go up, but there might be less "negotiating" on prices to bring them down from the asking price.

Actually surprisingly I contacted Little King Farm and their prices are really quite reasonable! Very affordable. But yes with a facility such as theirs I would imagine they would have frozen enough semen to last awhile.

I thought frozen semen wasn't allowed by AMHA? Only cooled and had to be used within 72 hours? Or was that rule changed?

I'm not positive, but pretty sure you are right, Brenda tht AMHA does not allow it.

I wish they did!

And I have no idea about AMHR.

Susan O.

As someone has said he had so many foals out there I'm sure the price will go up but not as much as if it would have happened say 5 years ago I'm sure they would have gone up quite a bit. The prices of horses is still down and people want to sell. Go on Little Kings website they got some really nice horses for sale right now.

Yes their sale page is so tempting! And prices are very fair!

I already got 4 from them so try not to look at it often
default_smile.png

Susan O.

I dont see why prices would go up- there are plenty of them out there... have fun and start shopping LOL

Prices may go up, maybe not. I think LKF prices their horses according to quality and I also think they are very fair and truely want to help to make your dream come true. I never thought I would have an Outstanding Buckeroo <3 daughter but Robin has the best offerings so had to do all I could to find my dream. I sure wish I had room for another daughter or direct son. I will be making my own grandbabies yahoooooooo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back