Will AMHR return papers on our deceased yearling?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunQuest

Reaction score
Will AMHR return the papers to us that belong to our colt that passed away yesterday if we send them in to tell the registery that he is deceasaed? I don't want to loose them as they were his and he is so very dang special to us. I know we should contact the registery, but will they send us the papers back?

And thank you everyone for your support. It is so very hard on my Mom and I. When I saw him yesterday, I knew that he wouldn't make it through any surgery. He was suffering so much. He was so heavily sedated for the past 10 to 12 hours. They were staying up round the clock to try to keep him comfotable and they were having less and less success doing so. And looking into his eyes, they were so dark and so lifeless. You could tell that he wasn't fighting it. What a difference that the 24 hours had made... Saterday night he was still spunky enough to jump on my foot. Monday morning, he had no fight left. The vets told us that what ever was happening that we caught it VERY VERY early Saterday. And they are sure it wasn't impaction colic as he was passing stool and it did have the oil in it. It wasn't ulcers, wasn't sand, wasn't worms, and even inflamed colin didn't fit with what was happening. The bloodwrok was all normal other than the white cell count being off. There just was not anything for them to go off of.

It is still so hard to fathum that he is gone. It is so hard to not have him come running to us. He so loved attention and wanted to be the center of our world. We couldn't keep him out of our pockets. Our pasture really feels empty even though it has 5 other horses in it. In time I know we will adjust, but until then it is a lonely job feeding our boys...

And thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It certainly helps to know that my forum family is there for us when we need you all the most.

Many many thanks!

When I called to ask that very question about the mare I recently lost, they told me they would return them if I specifically requested that they be returned. I do not know if there is a charge ... and I'm sure it wouldn't matter to you if there is.

I am going to send mine "return receipt" - both to the insurance company and to the AMHR.

I'm sorry about your loss.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Nan

I am so very sorry about your colt, I would guess that they will return the papers if you ask them to. But I will check it out and make sure for you if you like.

We all share your loss and our thoughts are with you. I would think that if you just contacted the registry with a registration number they can update their records I would not be surprised if many horses that are lost are never reported.

Nila I am sooooo sorry to hear that you lost your little boy. This is just so sad. But he's got angels now.
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

I am so very sorry for your loss.

AMHA will stamp their certficates "deceased" and return them to you. No fee. I assume AMHR will do similar. I sent a letter with mine.

Give them a call but yes, they will return them stamped deceased. Again my heartfelt sympathy on losing this sweet boy.

Oh, No, I'm so sorry you lost him, I'd read the thread where he was in trouble but feel so terrible for you, you tried so hard for him. I'm really sorry.
sad.gif

Nila

First, I am so sorry you lost your little one. And, the AMHR will mark the papers Deceased and return them to you but you do have to REQUEST they be returned to you. There is no charge.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Kareng

As mentioned above, AMHA will mark the records "deceased" and return them to the owner - I did this with Krystle and am doing it with Misty. I'm sure AMHR would help you out.

Again, I am just so sorry...

Thanks for the info. It is just much easier to type out that he is gone than to actually say it to someone. I know you all understand. We will send them in with a request to return them to us.

Thanks again, and Hugs everyone!

I can't speak for AMHR, however when I lost my beloved DArmonds American Dream last year, I sent a letter along with her AMHA papers, to AMHA. I requested that they return them to me, as the papers were parts of my memories of her. They returned them to me with Deceased printed on them ,which was fine.

I still miss her. She was the epitomy of perfection, she was the perefect AMHA standard and what we all breed for. and by the way she was American Idol's dam.

I bought her after Idol was born and sold.

Latest posts

Back