Wildfire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess

Reaction score
Hi,

There is a wildfire not 12 miles from where I live. It is almost 500 acres. Let me know if there are any wildfires near you. Also, are you shooting fireworks today? I am not, it is way too dry here.

Thanks,

Tess

We are ok where I am, but just a few miles north it is quite dry as is about 50 miles south. I'm close to the Canadian border, Saskatchewan and Alberta have/had like 200 fires burning recently and our air is still heavy with smoke, it's just starting to clear.

Before we left Texas, to move to Kentucky, there had been a drought...really bad. Nothing was growing. It reminded me of pictures I've seen from the dust bowl days. There were wildfires near to us, I could actually smell the smoke. I had hubby hook up the stock trailer and leave it attached to the truck. We parked it next to where the horses were, just in case we needed a quick escape. Luckily, nothing happened but it is very alarming, just the same.

A couple of years ago, during the drought, there was one across the road from us. I had the horses loaded in the trailer, just in case. Luckily there was no wind that day. Our neighbor used his bulldozer to make a fire break. Very scary. Then the next day, when we thought it was over, it burst out again. I feel for you all there!

Latest posts

Back