Wigs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade3504

Reaction score
There is a big possibility that I will have to wear a wig soon. I have to have skin cancer removed that has progressed now from my drugs that I take for my transplant. I have some on my scalp so once it is removed I most likely will be wearing a wig or have major bald spots on my head. Does anyone here know anything about wigs or anyone who wears them? I've looked on some internet sites but would like opinions from people other than those who are trying to sell the wigs.

My first appointment is on Tuesday so we will see how much damage there is going to be. I also have to cut back on the medication that is helping the skin cancer which means I put my transplanted kidney and pancreas at risk. I will be getting bloodwork every two weeks now to watch what might happen with that.

Any info would be appreciated.

Amanda

I'm sorry you are having so many things happen, I will be praying. A while back Jill posted a thread about the 'Genie Bra'...in that thread is alot of discussion about wigs, with some links too. If you can't find it hopefully Jill will see your post, I'm sure she can point you in the right direction.

Amanda, I'm sorry for what you are dealing with but I can help you with wigs. I am a real addict when it comes to them and have worn wigs for years just because I don't like my own hair and I like all the options I get with wigs. Check this link out below. We started talking about Genie Bras, but it morphed into a detailed discussion of wigs. If you have any questions just ask here or privately, whichever is better for you. Jill / [email protected]

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=124066

I am sorry...I will say a prayer for you. My doctor told me that anyone that has cancer can go to your local American Cancer Society, tell them you have cancer and they will let you pick out one wig at no charge. I haven't worned mine yet because I don't want to be out somewhere and have it slip off. I have been wearing a cap or scarf. The American Cancer Society also has a catalog and you can order online, they have all kinds of head coverings.

Barbara

Thanks, Jill and BJCS. I've done more research and have found out that I am going to have bald spots as they have to remove the lesion and some of the good tissue around it. I also found out that over that area it won't grow back. They say you can try the hair transplantation but that usually doesn't work well with scar tissue. So, I am wig shopping this weekend. My husband finally flipped out a little last night which I was waiting for and knew he would. As soon as I heard this from the doctor I was more concerned about him and how he was going to take it than about myself. In the beginning of our relationship I considered not seeing him as I didn't want to put him through another relationship where his wife would be sick again one day (no doubts there as my kidney and pancreas will fail again one day). He said he could handle it. He's OK today but we'll see. He's the type that goes to the worst case scenario immediately so I tried to assure him last night that that was not neccessary that he was going there for no reason. I told him I haven't even considered that it's melenoma and could have spread already as really I haven't and don't think it is. I told him as far as I have gone is that I know no matter what it is it must be removed and I will have hair loss therefore I am looking for wigs. I take things as they come I don't worry about something that may never happen. I deal with it when the time comes if the time comes, but he had a bad upbringing with abuse and then his first wife passing away causes him to think that something bad is always going to happen. I thik he also feels that he needs to be strong for me as I am going to break down but I've been sick throughout my life and handle it well. I figure that why add depression and stress and all that to it. Just deal with it and make it through.

Latest posts

Back