Wichita Eagle Article on Central Champ Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

OK, well not quite famous, but he got his 15 minutes of fame!
default_biggrin.png

Here is a link to the article:

KS Paper Article

I actually didn't say to treat them like a dog, I said that I find them to be more dog-like than big horses in that they bond so strongly to "their" people.

Here's a pic of Bink from Liberty class at the show.

binky2008centralchampshowliberty1.jpg

How cool is that???? Thanks for sharing the link. I love seeing the miniatures getting some publicity.

Nice article... Thanks for posting the link...

How far a drive was it for you to get here?

This article was published on Sunday I believe (the last day of the show) and I can't tell you how many people came up to me and said they saw it in the paper (not specifically me, but learned about the show in the paper) and they wished it had been in the paper earlier. I talked to more people - visitors just there to look around and see a miniature horse - than at ANY show I've ever been to. There were families with children, older retirement-age couples, lots of special needs visitors, etc. I was exhausted just from talking by the end of the show!
default_biggrin.png

I also had several people tell me that they had found the "mini people" to be so nice and willing to talk and share information with them. A couple of different people mentioned they show big horses and not very many at the shows are willing to entertain outsiders just looking around and asking questions. I also had more people ask for my business card than I've ever had before.

So, thanks to Laura and her group for putting on such a fun show!
default_aktion033.gif

It was 410 miles each way for us.
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm not much into traveling, but I realize many people had much farther to come!

PS: A family we met at the show (just there to learn about minis) is coming all the way from Wichita to visit our farm this Sunday. They seem like really nice people. They have an organic veggie farm.

default_saludando.gif
Hi Parmela~!That is cool!! Good picture of him too!! He's such a cute guy!
default_saludando.gif
Hi Chesa!

Thanks for the compliment on Binky. He's got sort of a large/clunky head for the rest of his body, but I love him!
default_wub.png

Hey, that's me in the picture (along with Mountain Meadows Tymers Trooper)!

It was 410 miles each way for us.
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm not much into traveling, but I realize many people had much farther to come!PS: A family we met at the show (just there to learn about minis) is coming all the way from Wichita to visit our farm this Sunday. They seem like really nice people. They have an organic veggie farm.
A girl I work with went to the show on Sunday and she was very surprised.. She had to call me and tell me about all the cute minis she had saw there -- That is a long way... I am not a traveler at all so that would seem like a huge huge trip for me
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back