Why?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Why is it that when you try to take a picture of a horse, they will NOT put their ears up or hold still?

I was trying to get some decent pictures of the horses yesterday and I think they were having a contest to see which one could look the worst.

It's like they were looking good, doing everything to look great then the second they saw the camera it was "look at me, I can really look like a nag"

Angel would wait until I got ready to snap the picture then she would pin her ears back or start pawing or turn her head away.

You can't get a decent picture of Dawn because she wants to be in your face.

Little Man has the nag look going on big time when he sees a camera.

Lady twists and turns or crosses her legs.

I even tried sneaking up on them, didn't work.

I don't have any pictures from yesterday that weren't awful or when they were grazing with their heads turned the other direction.

I got one shot of Little Man that right when I got ready to snap it, he whirled around and all I got was a butt shot.

Mary

I have the same problems with mine Mary. Most of them are very uncooperative except for my first filly of the year. Songcatchers Mona Lisa is the most photogenic of them all. She is practicing to be a beauty queen. She always has her head up and alert.

nash004005.jpg

nash007003.jpg

Sometimes I think the only way is to put a nice halter on them tie um up get your pictures them crop out the rope you tied them with. I was out taking some pictures yesterday of my mare that I thought would be good ones. I had just worked her on the --going to spell this wrong lunge line and she was standing so nice, and I had my camera with me.... ya right she stood "nice" until I had the camera up to my face them the ears go back youd think someone was[SIZE=14pt] behind[/SIZE] her making noises with a camera.

It's really hard to get good pictures by yourself unless you just get lucky and catch them out playing. There are some on here who aare blessed with such ability behind the camera (Jody, Dona, Tony you know who you are
aktion033.gif
). It also helps to have your camera with you all the time - I usually miss the best shots by the time I run back in for the camera.

Jan

Back