Why Two Horses Are Not Enough

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
Picture this,

Nice serene pasture scene with two horses in it. Take one horse out-(Buddy the mini). That leaves Honey the appendix quarter horse running around the pasture whinnying at the top of her horsey lungs.

Step one--Saddle Buddy--strap under 20 lbs of wood to his saddle---pack said wood up to house while wrestling an armload yourself.

Step Two-repeat

Step Three: Go back to barn--unsaddle Buddy before going into the barn, as there is still just enough ice stopping the door from opening up enough to let said mini and saddle through the narrow doorway both at one time.

Step Four: Tie up little mini Buddy horse and go pay attention to quarter horse Honey.

Step Five: Break out the party streamers when you realize that weeks of work have paid off enabling you to halter said quarter horse ,and brush every last inch of her while the leadrope is looped over her neck.

Step Six: Take both horses for a walk down a long driveway, walk to mailboxes, and get caught up talking to neighbors about your horses until 8:00 p.m. ---This does teach said horses patience.

Step Seven: Go back to the barn--brush --pick feet--feed a treat, and then release horses back into serene pasture.

Step Eight: Go relax in a nice hot tub.--Wait---you have to own one before you can do that.

Step Nine: Start saving up for a hot tub.

Step Ten: Start saving up for another horse to keep at least one horse company while you work another.

default_wink.png

:Kim

tooo funny! i can relate, sort of.

step 1, move to the country where you can have wide open spaces and a place to keep your own horses and position your house so you can see them from your window, something you have always wanted to do.

step 2, say bye bye to the boarding facililty, bring your horse HOME!

step 3, get a cute little goat to keep your lone horse company.

step 4, saddle your horse, start down the country road and listen as the cute little goat screams bloody murder and practically tries to climb the fence to join you.

step 5, get another cute little goat to keep the first cute little goat company so the first cute little goat won't have a stroke every time you take HIS horse away.

step 6, saddle your horse, start down the country road and listen as the cute little goatS scream bloody murder and practically try to climb the fence to join you.

step 7, forget getting a THIRD cute little goat.

step 8, saddle up your horse, open the gate and let the two cute little goats accompany you on your treck down the country road.

step 9, try to explain to 20 people just emerging from the little country church as you pass by WHY you have two cute little goats following you.

step 10, keeping steps 8 and 9 in mind, constantly be on the lookout for little men in white coats carrying a BIIIIG net.
default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png
Ha-Ha--too funny Charlene
default_biggrin.png
. I can also relate, as I had a goat that wanted to go everywhere my pony went---quite the sight.

I do have step Eleven now. Do NOT leave a 2lb bucket of sweet feed in your barn. You will walk bleary eyed to do a morning feed, and find your miniature horse has absolutely destroyed the barn aisle and tack room. There was sweet feed spread everywhere conveniently covered with the last half of a bag of shavings spread over it. I skipped morning feed, felt hooves for heat,,whispered a few expletives, and walked back to the house to have a coffee. Now that all my house chores are done i get to go out and fix the barn--and fortify stall doors against escaping mini horse.

---Had to add---My big horse Honey also helped with this mornings antics. She can reach her huge head and neck over the stall door. Baaaad kids
default_laugh.png

one of my worst nightmares!!! when we were planning our move out to the farm...where the house would be, where the barn would be, where the tack shed would be...gary asked if i wanted the barn big enough to be able to store a few bales of hay and my cans of feed. i said NO NO NO!!! he built me a tack shed big enough for all of my horsey stuff including my feed cans and that shed is OUTSIDE the fence. there is simply no way the horses can access the feed unless i am doling it out to them.
default_smile.png

*Snort!!!* Oh lord ladies, you got me. I love it!

Kootenay, I agree with you. Having Pyro here has been great as now Spyder is content no matter who I take for a walk. Score! Of course he'll be doubly annoyed when I leave for a mini show with everybody except him, but he'll live!

Leia

Latest posts

Back