Why I have been missing for the past 5 years

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggravation Acres

Reaction score
After the hospital sends your husband home on Wed and tells you to come back on Friday morning for blood work. Then you wake up Friday morning and he is dead in your bed. Your life is thrown into a do what you can to survive mode. You make a lot of decisions that you later know were not the best. But you have to go on the best you can. I had my daughter's family move in and they helped a lot at first then the past year I was doing most of the farm work and working 48 hours a week at my factory job. ( you can only go so long seeing a grown man sit around smoking and drinking while you work your but off). So I had them move out, so I am pretty worn out most of the time. I am starting on Social Security retirement and going part time at work. So now maybe I will have the time to enjoy my 14 mini's . I had to put my big horse, Wyatt down this past Sept, he was 28 years old , had a good life, so I could deal with that. Then in Nov I had to put down my beagle, she was old also, I new that was coming also.
Now I will have time to check in and see how everyone is doing. Hope everyone from the past is doing well.
I sure do miss going to AMHR shows but since my husband was the one that drove the horse trailer, and helped with the grooming. I probably will not be going to any in the future. I have a few good friends that help me show at the county fair, and I am very grateful for them.

Welcome back! I joined around the same time as you. But have been absent much longer. This forum was always fun and informative. Looking forward to becoming more involved. Take care of yourself.

Welcome back!
I am sorry to hear you have had a difficult few years--especially sorry to hear you lost your husband that way.
Retirement/part time work is awesome--i retired in mid April and now work half time at a new job. Full retirement would be better but hay is expensive and I have a lot of horses to feed.

I'm sorry to hear all that you've been through!!!!
I haven't been on her for years

My goodness @Aggravation Acres I'm sorry to hear what all you've been through. Hopefully the semi-retirement will allow you to live more and not just work and exist. We look forward to seeing you here relaxing and telling us of your horses and other animals.

I've also been neglectful about posting, though do pop in and read posts on occasion.

I'm so very sorry to hear of all your struggles. I will hold to the hopes that, from here on out, life goes more smoothly for you and each new day brings its own special joy.

I'm so very sorry you lost your husband and you've had such terrible times. I hope life treats you better HUGS

So sorry to hear of the trials you've been through. I hope that your life evens out and is good from here on out.

I am so very sorry for the troubles that you have had. I hope that things improve quickly for you.

I’m so sorry for your losses. I pray that your heart will be healed and your future will be blessed.

Latest posts

Back