WHY DONT WE HAVE A LISTING OF ALL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
With all the storms and such we are having I wonder if a list of people willing to house horses people and pets would be a good idea.

I dont have to worry about hurricains or flooding but I might need a place to go if there was a forrest fire in my area.

A list of farms who could offer shelter would be a blessing when trying to decide where to stash all my fur kids.

Could me make a link?

By the time I realized that the people in LA could have used my place as a shelter it was too late. If we posted such a list maybe people would feel better about calling and making arrangments a day of 2 ahead of this kind of storm.

Just a thought

Jan

This has come up before, I believe during the fires we had here in California. There were a few of us who volunteered to be on a "contact list" for California - both So. Cal. & No. Cal. but I think that idea fizzled out.

My opinion - we should have several key contact people in each area/region/state who would be responsible for 1) checking in with others in the area to see if they are safe or need help, and 2) help coordinate evacuations/housing if necessary.

My proposal (Mary Lou - feedback, please???) is to form a committee (myself included) of a few people who can organize an "Emergency Contact List" by area/region/state, and then have the list posted on the forum.

My family, as I'm sure yours does too, knows how to reach each other in case of an emergency. As a Forum Family, I believe we should have the same thing.

Liz R.

I think the idea of a quickly accessible list of people who will open their hearts and homes to help our friends in need is a wonderful idea.... We can always offer shelter to minis( several indoor stalls and a couple of small outdoor paddocks and smaller pets such a dogs- cats or birds... (we have several different dog crates that can be quickly set up to keep our smaller friends safe and secure till they can come home....People never think about the WHAT IF until it happens... We need to get this emergency plan up and running...

Latest posts

Back