Why does she do that!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]
saludando.gif
Hello all,
[/SIZE]

I have a question. My filly Faith is a year old. I feed the horses every morning and evening. OK, well, when I touch Faith's feed bowl she pins her ears back. EVERY TIME. The bowl can be empty and she still lays her ears flat. Why does she do that?

Thanks,

Sam

minihorselover31 said:
[SIZE=14pt]
saludando.gif
Hello all,
[/SIZE]
I have a question. My filly Faith is a year old. I feed the horses every morning and evening. OK, well, when I touch Faith's feed bowl she pins her ears back. EVERY TIME. The bowl can be empty and she still lays her ears flat. Why does she do that?

Thanks,

Sam

448310[/snapback]

Sam,

She is probaly use to being feed in the same area and the same time. My horses did the same and where over aggressive of their stall area. I move them around and change the feeding time but no longer than about a thirty min. time space.

When one of them is impatient I wil make him/her wait to be the last one to be feed. I tell them to get in their spot and they wait for their feed. If they do as they are told I give they lots of praise. Now ever time they go to their spot and wait patiently. Still with lots of praise.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back