Why does EVERYBODY attack Palin>??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are not US Citizens and their media is so biased.
The rest of the world's media is biased?
default_unsure.png

That is quite a statement - considering that American networks are know for their bias and favoritism. A lot of media in "the rest of the world" is far more balanced than what we sift through every day - whether red or blue...

The whole, jeeze we didn't mean it that way...duh thing makes them look pretty stupid.
Well, it is is a dumb cliche... does it make McCain look stupid for using it to refer to Hillary's health care plan? It is just a overused cliche.

Dick Cheney has used it...

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHlIfOTS1c

I wish the uproar and ridiculous ads about minor nonsense like this would stop - and that the focus would be on ...oh, you know - actual issues.

Watching the political parties carry on like fifth graders at times is a waste of all of our time - and money...

Last edited by a moderator:
The world can have Obama. They want him because he is weak and un-experienced. Can you imagine what would have happened had he been Pres at the time of 9/11?
default_new_shocked.gif
I'd much rather have McCain, a "been there done that" fellow and a strong woman like Palin that has raised a family and ran a state and done a good job.

Does anyone ever stop to think that maybe if Clinton had done something about it when a bomb was planted at the World Trade Center in 1995 when he was President That maybe, Just maybe, 911 would not have happened and maybe we wouldn't even be at war today? I think about it a lot and think how different our country might be today if the last administration had done a better job. There is NO administration that is perfect. But a lot of our problems started with the Clintons. I say Yes finish this war over there because I don't want it in the United States.

I don't see where everyone is attacking Palin. I do think they are pointing out certain things about her. She says she is just a "socker mom". I think it takes much more than that to make a good VP. She may have some very appealling qualities but the more I learn about her the more I see her as a Bush with lipstick. We hear from Rep. that Obama doesn't have the experience to be President....well with McCain getting up there in years we very well could end up having Palin as president [if the get voted in] and she has no more experience than Obama. I just hope that some people don't let a pretty face be their deciding factor in voting because we will have to live with what ever we vote in. I think it is scarey no matter what or who gets in for their is one heck of a mess that needs to be taken care of....maybe we should let the Republicans clean up the mess that a Republican made. And don't blame it onto Congress for Bush was put in charge no matter what. Interesting to read the different viewpoints here.

Weeeeelll..I do not understand how ANYBODY that foollows politics can say McCain is ANYTHING like President Bush..its like calling an orange a banana..it just shows that people follow the media circus without getting the facts and educating themselfs..FACTS not bias media coverage! Half of the media is ready to get married to Obama.
default_wacko.png
default_no.gif

How many on here saw the debate tonight?

Oh please!!!! Sarah Palin is a very strong, intelligent woman who strikes fear into Obama supporters. I am just glad that there are people that are educating themselves instead of relying on propaganda from the lefts. Fran

Oh horse pee! Picking her was clearly a calculated move to get female votes. And, I guess it's working.
I'm sitting on Matt's side of the fence!
default_wink.png

I think some are concerned about Palin (although Obama has been bashed just as much - and for far longer) as she is seen as inexperienced - which was McCain's best issue about Obama. She is seen as someone who was simply tossed into the mix in order to pander to women voters - and/or those Democrats who supported Hillary. Whoever the campaign brain was who was behind the decision to put Palin on the ticket - they deserve a raise - they are a genius!! If McCain had picked Lieberman (as rumour had it was his intention)... it would have been snoozeville to many - same old, same old... even though McCain and Bush had knocked heads in the past.

But in the haste to get the show on the road, IMO they needed to take more time to prep her... vet her (and no, I am not talking about any personal family issues - they should always be off-limits IMO) etc.

They need to avoid gaffs like her not knowing what the Bush Doctrine was... or the difference between preventive war and preemptive war. And when she is being hailed as the next American Idol - these kinds of little faux pas need to be avoided... not that any politician always succeeds at that - Democrat or Republican or anything in between....
default_wacko.png

"The fact is, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have gotten too big and too expensive for the taxpayers."
- Sarah Palin, mistakenly believing that these institutions were supported by taxpayers (prior to the Bush bailout a few days ago)

"John McCain has been calling for years to reform banks."

-Sarah Palin, who was a sportscaster while McCain was one of the Keating Five whose influence peddling triggered the S&L crisis, costing US taxpayers $125 million
Someone on another board pointed this out - which was actually kind of funny/ironic....

From the interview with Charlie Gibson:

GIBSON: I'm talking about somebody who's a head of state, who can negotiate for that country. Ever met one?
PALIN: I have not and I think if you go back in history and if you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer that I just gave you. But, Charlie, again, we've got to remember what the desire is in this nation at this time. It is for no more politics as usual and somebody's big, fat resume maybe that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment, where, yes, they've had opportunities to meet heads of state....
She made a very good point there - but didn't she just describe John McCain??
default_wink.png

Thank you Gini for posting that letter(?) message.

I'm certanily happy to know there are no democrats who have ever misspoke or slipped up with a faux pas.

I'm certanily happy to know there are no democrats who have ever misspoke or slipped up with a faux pas.
Cyndi... that was not what I said at all...
default_no.gif

She and Palin are American as apple pie. And I don't think she'll be spending a million dollars in the white house for new toilet seats and 31 Christmas trees.

Obama Osama........I think he was planned and carefully planted here years ago as some strategic move. I do not trust this man.

I rest my case.

Marty Marty Marty, you know I love you
default_wub.png
buddy..but you think Obama was planted? planted by who "Al Quaida"???? who Marty
default_wacko.png
Marty, that doesn't make sense, lol. but still
default_wub.png
you buddy.

She and Palin are American as apple pie. And I don't think she'll be spending a million dollars in the white house for new toilet seats and 31 Christmas trees.
Obama Osama........I think he was planned and carefully planted here years ago as some strategic move. I do not trust this man.

I rest my case.
Marty, you are so right!

Anita

Couldn't care less what the "World" wants -- they are not US Citizens and their media is so biased. Their LEADERS do not want McCain as our next President, and neither do the terrorists. They're all in favor of Obama.[/i]
This comment is outrageous!

Do you really know anything about what THE WORLD thinks???

How can you possibly know about all media's around THE WORLD???? Certainly don't get it from Fox News or maybe you do from "60 seconds around the World" PLEASE
default_no.gif

Who's leaders are you referring to.........every leader in the World
default_new_shocked.gif

That has got to be the most simplistic comment I have read!

People around the World are fascinated by this Election. In other countries we are interested in WORLD news, since we are part of it!

When you come from a small country you must be familiar with other countries politics, especially AMerica because the results directly affect you and your small country.

America is a wonderful country with such freedoms, Freedom of expression.

I think this is such a prejudice comment that all "their media is so biased".
default_wacko.png

Oh please!!!! Sarah Palin is a very strong, intelligent woman who strikes fear into Obama supporters. I am just glad that there are people that are educating themselves instead of relying on propaganda from the lefts. Fran

Oh horse pee! Picking her was clearly a calculated move to get female votes. And, I guess it's working.
Sarah Palin being a woman has nothing to do with me voting with McCain. I was for McCain before Sarah Palin came into view. He is the better choice but Sarah Palin just sweetens the pot.

Fran

Do you really know anything about what THE WORLD thinks???
Yes, I do. And I also know more about what I think is best for our Nation. I notice you do not question if the other posters know anything about what the world thinks IF they say the World is in favor of Obama being elected
default_biggrin.png

My statememt may be, in your opinion, the most simplistic one you have ever heard. Here's another that's short and simple and makes a great bumper sticker:

10%20out%20of%2010%20terrorists.jpg

Why are people so ready to bash her or dilike her? Is it because she has old fashioned values or is it because she is the most loved governor in the country? She must be doing some thing right. What obama wants to do for me and my family will put us out of business.We have a small business and we will i am afraid will have to close if our taxes go any higher. We work some times 7 days a week to keep it going. We have not had a raise in 13 years . Some how giving more so the 2 percent of people in this country that do not want to work can get a check from obama makes my blood boil. We are not rich ,far from it. Obama scares me. I fear for our way of life and for the countrys saftey.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

A LOT of small businesses will go out of business IF Obama wins..small businesses are the backbone of our economy..he throws all these numbers around..impressive..EVERYBODY gets money..itgotto come from somewhere..the rich ?? there is still a HUGE difference in what he proposed..if he talkes to vetereans..the military get tons..if he talks to green peace..we safe the planet and fund conservation..its hard to keep up..first he "stole" all of Hillaries textbook..now he is stealing from the democrates..it suddenly was ALL his idea..too bad there are a videos everywhere to tell the true story..how many on here take the time and LOOK..cause the only newsstation that will show them to you is FOX and you not watching it there..

It's so grand that we all live in such countries with freedom to express our views about our leaders and future leaders.. In some countries, we would be shot and hung out to dry!
default_unsure.png

Now I am off to spend a few days over in my home country of the U.S.A. - going to spend some money and hob-knob with my fellow Americans.. that I love so dearly!!
default_wub.png

Everyone, please be kind to each other in these debates.. I am honestly learning through them, obtaining other's views.. as I clearly want to be informed on both sides.. Hope you all do the same..
default_smile.png
Have a wonderful time Mary Lou
default_smile.png

I rest my case.
default_no.gif
I don't even know where to start. How about with FACTS, since they seem oddly absent. Does anyone, anywhere, have any proof of this? Not conjecture, guesses, or chain e-mails, but proof?

I don't know whether to be disgusted or amused at how far people have to reach to come up with this stuff!

Back