Why do you like to drive?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie

Reaction score
I miss driving here in the dead of winter, so I thought I would see what makes driving addictive to me and others. I think this picture of my 5YO granddaughter driving her first time says it all for me. When I drive, I am this age again too! Wind in the hair and that smile just says it all. What makes driving addictive for you?

M-P.jpg

Thanks again to Linda Rudicill and Cynthia Shimfessel for making this possible for us! And to Lil Beginnings for getting us together :aktion033:

Just can't wait for spring and warm weather!

I miss driving here in the dead of winter, so I thought I would see what makes driving addictive to me and others. I think this picture of my 5YO granddaughter driving her first time says it all for me. When I drive, I am this age again too! Wind in the hair and that smile just says it all. What makes driving addictive for you?

M-P.jpg

Thanks again to Linda Rudicill and Cynthia Shimfessel for making this possible for us! And to Lil Beginnings for getting us together :aktion033:

Just can't wait for spring and warm weather!
what a picture!! simply priceless!! thanks for sharing

Oh Suzie! Look at that face! I'd slip that into Equusite...what a cute fuzzy pony and a happy girl! I so miss riding for that very reason. The wind in my hair, a magical feeling of freedom and power. I loved it.

I've been riding and driving for over 35 years and I STILL get that grin on my face!!! Wonderful picture!!!

That is such a sweet picture!!!

I think driving is one of the most fun things to do with a mini. Plus, it's something you can enjoy with a non-horsey person since they can ride in the cart with you.

The first time I took my mom for a drive, she giggled the entire ride through :bgrin

Here's my great driving picture. It's my 50-something mom and the look of pure joy on her face is priceless as well! There is nothing like driving a great driving horse!!

whiskeytrotting.jpg

Oh I just love that picture!!! That's what it's all about...needs no words!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

Here's my great driving picture. It's my 50-something mom and the look of pure joy on her face is priceless as well! There is nothing like driving a great driving horse!!
whiskeytrotting.jpg

Yes! That is it. Just look at that picture-all four hooves off the ground at the same time!! Wonderful! That is really "flying"!!! :new_shocked: I love that "non-horsey person" reference too! I guess I love that too. I can get people involved with me to enjoy my babies too.

Love this post and the great pics --

This is me driving my gelding Platinum - - at our first CDE - we were eliminated -- but boy were we having fun -- and you can tell we aren't "good" at it yet -- but you have to start somewhere!

cones001.jpg

JJay

Well, my teenage son hasn't done horsey things with me in years. His last ride was when a trainer didn't cinch up properly and he took a header in the arena about 3 years ago.... anyway, it was so much fun for him to come along, and we took turns driving. My "baby" is taller then me, but this was his first drive too!

DSCN2280.jpg

It was also helpful for me to watch somebody else drive as I saw a little problem with the harness that I could then fix.

After this drive, we took turns pulling each other around in the cart so he could feel the impact of slouching. Very effective posture lesson!

Great pics! I just started driving last year and still remember the silly grin on my face my first time! :bgrin

Driving gives me the feel of control and power that I miss from not being able to ride any more. And that "look" of joy (or was it shock and awe) was so obvious on my face the first time "we" went in the obstacle class that even the judges couldn't help but notice. I think they laughed out loud!

Love those pictures! I feel the same way! Whether driving my mare Ally over the CDE course, or taking a lesson with a school horse, I can't wipe that grin off my face. The love of a good horse!

Well, my teenage son hasn't done horsey things with me in years. His last ride was when a trainer didn't cinch up properly and he took a header in the arena about 3 years ago.... anyway, it was so much fun for him to come along, and we took turns driving. My "baby" is taller then me, but this was his first drive too!
DSCN2280.jpg

It was also helpful for me to watch somebody else drive as I saw a little problem with the harness that I could then fix.

After this drive, we took turns pulling each other around in the cart so he could feel the impact of slouching. Very effective posture lesson!

That is another thing about these pics. I love to see the different harness set ups. Or fix things I have done wrong in mine!

PS he has a sheepish look on his face too, "I love it- but I must be MACHO!" Boys are so cute too!

Here I was driving in 1953, I think.

tony_daffy_drive.jpg

And then, believe it or not in the AMHA National Show in around 1980 (bottom of page) in the SAME cart

driving.jpg

Picture shows (R to L, Top to Bottom)

Lauren driving Dimitri around 2003.

Me and my girlfriend in a parade in 1962 (same cart as at the top)

Me on Twinkle with my dad in parad in 1948.

Lauren on her Welch Pony in 1996

Lauren and wooden cart at National Show around 2001

Me and Bond Peter Piper at National Show. My how styles have changed! Me too.

Love to see children enjoying themsleves.

Enjoyed all the pics. :lol:

Thanks Tony, I ejoyed going down memory lane.

I am not the driver at our place, but good at telling him how to do it
default_poke.gif
:

Hubbies best thing about showing, the driving classes.

Picture of his first COPDA Show this year. Really need a different cart for this adventure.

COPDA1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back