Why do we seem to get injured when we have work to do?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
I knew it was comeing. I am typically not accident/injury prone. However these last few weeks I have had body parts smashed, black and blue marks, cuts and all that. Knock on wood the only thing that hasnt happend is getting kicked.

Well this weekend was again another packed weekend of stuff to do along with preping for finals that start tommorow. So what happens to me.

Well it was pooring, trying to get the horses back to their lot as they didnt have shelter where they were. So im running along, my ankle gives out and my foot twistes and ankle is touching ground. I had every reaction except swearing. I could bearly stand let alone hobble to the house. But I kept moving to get the horses in, then got help to the house. The rest of the night wasnt pretty. I dont handle pain well.

Today its better, I have learned how to walk on it and take steps to ease the pain. HOwever, I have had others feed and put horses out for me as that is to much yet. Tommrow is monday so I have to take over again.

I feel like one of them slow people you get stuck behind that just wont get out of your way when you are in a hurry. Not to mention I am exhausted, trying to finish up some papers and quizes that are due by midnight.................ah

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, Ashley. I hope your ankle feels better soon and your finals and such go well. It does seem that things like injuries often happen at the worst times.

It is alot better today. I can put more weight on it but its still slow going. Imagine what its like leading a very very excited pony out to his paddock with a very very slow person :DOH!

So far finals are good. I managed to keep my grade at an A for the one class so got out of the final, but didnt get any points for participation and group projects, so ended up with a terrible grade. Not sure how I didnt get any points for them. I talked in class as well as did group work.
default_unsure.png
Asken the teacher now, but she isnt the easiest to get ahold of.

I hear ya...I have mucho cleaning to do, and I pulled my lower back today while coughing of all stupid things. It hurts!

Hub's in Alaska, so it's mostly just me here to do the yard, barn and house work as well as look after the little 'uns (who've been tag-teaming with their out of control behavior, lately).

Hopefully you will feel better, fast, but don't overdo and make it worse.

Liz

Back