Why do people not abide by rules?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Maybe I'm unclear, but I thought you were only to post an ad once a week. Am I incorrect?

Here are the sales rules:

http://www.lilbeginnings.com/help/

DURATION OF ADS - Ads are up for 7 days.. Do not post more than one Farm ad within 7 days.

COMBINE ADS - Combine all your horse/item ads into ONE single ad. It is not fair to bump ads to the next page because of multiple listings from one farm. Please be considerate to others that use this site. If we see people hogging the sale board with multi ads, we will delete them..

PERSONAL ADS ONLY - L'il Beginnings Miniature Horses reserves the right to remove any ads that we feel are inappropriate and is to be used for personal ads only. Only horses registered in YOUR NAME can be posted. PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ADS FOR OTHER PEOPLE! All second-party ads will be removed. Strictly enforced. Also ads directing to auction listings (other then L'il Beginnings Miniature Horse & Tack On-Line Auction), other public message boards, multi-party sales lists, agent listings and commercial web-site promotions are not permitted. If you wish assistance in commercial promotions, please e-mail us. Please see Agent Listings exception below.

LISTING AGENTS - L'il Beginnings Miniature Horses is offering a one-year license for listing agents.. Please go to THIS PAGE FOR DETAILS.

SIZE OF PHOTOS - Ads that cause problems because pictures are too wide, will be removed.

BAD SCRIPTS - Sometimes bad script codes (by trying to post pictures and links) cause total shutdown of people's web-browsers. Should I be aware of a bad script causing a problem, I will remove the message from the sale board. We will NOT notify the owner of the bad script post, so if you notice you have a message missing, it is because of web-browser conflicts (or possibly not following our sale board rules). Please post your message again with the proper script.

DISCLAIMER - L'il Beginnings Miniature Horses is not responsible for any sales, losses or misrepresented ads made through L'il Beginnings Miniature Horse & Tack Sale Board (also see L'il Beginnings web-site policy below **).

OTHER PROBLEMS??? - The sale board is monitored on a daily basis and we most likely know when it goes down or has problems. If you have problems with understanding the photo instructions on this page, then perhaps it is to far advanced for you at this time. It is suggest that you have a knowledgeable friend show personally you or you may want to consider taking a basic computer coarse. Please do not e-mail me asking for assistance in posting pictures on the sale board.

Thank you Liz that's what I thought.
default_yes.gif

That doesn't bother me as much as when someone has 50 horses for sale,,, and list ALL 50 in the ad so that it takes the whole page. That is what a website is for. List two three even 10 but not all of your herd. Just my opinion.

Quite honestly for the ones that post MULTIPLE horses I don't even read them.

Post your BEST sale horse with a nice picture this will send me to your website in a FLASH!

That doesn't bother me as much as when someone has 50 horses for sale,,, and list ALL 50 in the ad so that it takes the whole page. That is what a website is for. List two three even 10 but not all of your herd. Just my opinion.
That gets on my nerves, too. I will page down about 10x to get clear of it.

Also, I think some people go and erase a 3 day old ad, so they can post the same ad again before the 7 days.

I too hate it when someone lists WAY to many of their horses on an ad because it takes up so much room and bumps everyones ad to another page...so I just bypass those folks because I think it is inconsiderate for others to do that...thats why we have websites
default_yes.gif

I agree about the big ads, or the ones with the tiny print, so they dont APPEAR so big, but has a ton of stuff crammed on them. I dont read those either.

The sellers could list a couple of key ones, then refer to the website or to contact them with something like 'We have many more for sale sired by our champion stallions of all sizes and colors. Take a look at the website or contact us- we may have something for you'.

The rules are certainly there for a reason, as I found out this year.

I got stung this year by someone in WY who posted an ad in mid February that was advertising some of her own, and some horses from another farm. She was not registered as an Agent with LB. I thought the horses in the ad were hers, however after contacting her, she explained that many of them were not. To make a long story short, I purchased a broodmare for a decent sum, that is not only not pregnant, but has some health issues and will not become pregant. The advertiser and the owner were both contacted by LB and the person who ran the ad has since denied running the ad, selling horses for this other person, claims she is not the sellers agent and basicly didnt know what I was talking about. She claims she never dealt with me directly on ANYthing, and that when I emailed her she directed me to the seller. (Ok, if the horses were not advertised, why would I have emailed her about them for sale?)

Fortunately I have learned from two previous bad experiences (one sale and one purchase) to keep EVERY email, etc.. regarding the entire issue, and was able to provide the facts and show that I did respond to an ad she ran, that she DID deal with me for the first almost FIVE WEEKS (even including forwarding the banking info to wire the money in full to the seller before the mare was allowed to leave the farm) and I had never spoken to the actual owner, etc.... They are now banned from the Board.

Though the owner told me twice she would take the mare back and refund my money- even asking where to send it, I have received nothing and they have both changed their minds and their stories now, leaving me no choice but to pursue it in a little harsher manner. I was hoping it would just be simple and they would make things right, but they have not.

So I hope folks pay attention to the rules and abide by them, as they were created for a reason and to be fair, and hopefully to avoid problems like this that I am still, since April, battling with.

I believe there is always 18 ads (?) per page no matter what the length of the ad. (one horse or 50 horses per ad)

And I also believe that you should combine ads even though I know it make look like it's taking up more space..........it really is not taking away from anyone elses ad on the front page. Now if everyone posted each horse separately then it would be more of a problem as your ad would fall off the page quicker.

Hope that makes sense.

Certain people always take advantage of a good thing. Yes, posting more than what is allowed is just not fair to everyone else.
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back