Who's going to the Maine Mini show this weekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
We are bringing 4.

Magic, our Pinto gelding. I'll be taking him in senior geldings, hunter, jumping, obstacle, showmanship, and multi-color. The kids are taking him in the youth classes.

Pogo, my yearling colt. I'll be taking him in yearling stallions and obstacle.

Secret, minimal pinto two year old mare. She'll go in 2 year old mares, and obstacle, plus the kids are taking her in some classes.

Sienna, bay yearling filly. I'll be taking her in solid color, yearling mares, and obstacle.

Looking forward to it!

Hi Matt,

We will be there!

Belle is going in Mares Halter, Multi Color, Youth Obstacle, Youth Jumping, Youth Driving and Novice Driving.

Rhett is going in Yearling Geldings and Multi Color.

See you Sunday!

Sue

We have 5 horses coming this time.

Norma Jean Baker- Mares Halter 3&Over, Roadster Driving, Adult Jumping, Adult Obstacle and Youth Obstacle.

Who's Your Daddy- Solid Color, Hunter, Adult Obstacle, Youth Obstacle, Youth Jumping

VPS Simply Irresistible- Hunter(with the youth showing with us), Country Pleasure Driving

VPS Just A Tad Bad- Solid Color, Mares Halter 3&Over

Lt Dans Magnificent Toy- Mares Halter 3&Over, Solid Color, Hunter

Got my fingers crossed for good weather and NO downpours this time!!!

Good luck to everyone going

~Jen~

I'm hoping to make it. Most will be coming straight out of the pasture so it should be entertaining if nothing else.

I have 3 yearling fillies; at least 1 will be coming for halter. Probably Lilly since she's for sale.

Maycee - 2 yr old mare halter.

Queen - Sr mares halter and maybe multi colour.

Bobbi - Sr mares halter and solid colour if I have someone to show a second one, and probably pleasure driving. I was thinking of Roadster, but the ring isn't big enough for her to move out so I'll probably pass on that.

Vision - Yearling colt maybe coming along. Don't know if I'll show him or he'll just hang out with a big "for sale" sign on his butt.

Gator - Sr stallion halter, solid colour, maybe jumping if I'm feeling ambitious and he's not being an idiot.

Sugar Daddy - Sr stallion for halter if I have a second handler, multi colour and country driving.

Of course, that depends on how many of them I can get body clipped. I'm hoping a couple can get by with their clip from Area 1.

If you see me, say hi. I promise I'm friendly, just usually busy since I'm in idiot and bring too many horses. :DOH!

Who's the judge?

10-day Report says Scattered T-Storms with 30% chance of precipitation...... hopefully it will change!

I'm trying to come up just to see. No horses coming with me. Can't wait to meet you all!!!

Can you send directions for coming from Keene NH 03431

default_saludando.gif
I'm coming to watch and help Linda and her family. Perhaps we can have a little meeting for the benefit show during lunch or at least we will be able to all meet each other.

We are planning on being there and bringing three.

Thats if we have enough energy left because we will be

showing the same horses the day before on Saturday - wish the

clubs could spread the show dates out a little!!

Woody, my pinto gelding, in gelding halter 2 & over, adult showmanship,

multi color,jumping adult, hunter, and adult obstacle.

Fiesta, mare halter yearlings, and multi color

Abby, Mark will be showing her in mare halter 3 & over, solid color,

and adult obstacle. He'll take Fiesta in the multi color class

Hoping for better weather than the last MMHC show, and enough

energy for us and our horses to survive this marathon weekend.

See you there!

Cathy

We will be there with maybe 5 this time. Trinket will not be there as she tore her eyelid the other day and still has stiches and some swelling.

Should be good weather according to the 6 pm news!

Judge is Jen Hartwell. She did our August show last year.

Should be a really nice show with a good turnout!

Mark

For those looking for directions to the fairgrounds. Trying using MapQuest with the following address. It is not exactly the entrance but it is right where we show.

176 Blanchard Road

Cumberland, Maine

If this doesn't work let me know and I will send you directions.

Mark

I'll be there just to watch and meet everyone!! I might be bringing my new stallion Joey, if I can get someone to come along with me. See everyone there!
default_saludando.gif
default_biggrin.png

Cathy, I am going to try to do the Anson show on Saturday too. I will be coming alone and showing a couple in halter myself if I can't beg a friend to do it. (I stink at it.)

Showing a yearling filly, a suckling colt and maybe an older mare. Umm since that leaves only one in the pasture I should bring them all. LOL

Diana, can I bring some blades for you to take back for sharpening? Probably quicker than me putting them in the mail.

Yes, Jen is nice, just usually running too fast to catch up to her LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracy, Bring all the blades you want and Russ will sharpen them and get them right back to you. If there is anyone else that has blades that need sharpening I can pick them up at the show and we can them mail them back to you.

Prices for those that want to know.

A5 blades cleaned, sharpened & tested $3.50

A5 extra wide blades cleaned, sharpened & tested $4.00

Cattle blades cleaned, sharpened & tested $4.50

Shipping Prices

1-3 blades $3.00

4-13 blades $6.00

14 or more blades - FREE shipping and blade caddy

Diana,

All I need to do is remember to load the blades in the truck. I have dull blades pilling up around here. i never seem to get them sent off.

How about bringing a couple horses along for the fun of it?

Mark

Mark we thought of bringing horses but we have decided that we want to just help out Linda and the kids this time. Hope to meeting you and several other people that we visit with on the forum.

See you all on Sunday.

Matt,

We do them similar but not exactly.

We do not have Jr and Sr champions. Say for champion and reserve mare 1st and 2nd place in each of the mare classes are eligible. A champion and reserve mare are chosen. Same for geldings and stallions. Supreme is with champion and reserve from each of (mares, geldings, stallions). There is no entry fee for champion classes.

Mark

We will be there with a trailer load. The kids will be showing and Courtney elected me to show Max for her again [lucky me, the little stinker]. Kim will be driving her mare Razz and I will drive my buddy Shadow and thats it for me. Linda

Linda, we will be looking forward to seeing all of you again. Same parking spot ok?

That Courtney, What a sweetheart letting mom have all the glory showing Max!
default_wub.png

Mark

Latest posts

Back