Who's going to the Maine Mini show this weekend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOME glory Mark! He's a barracudda! I can't wait till she can show him herself! I'd take Jack over him any day for showing. The same parking spot would be fantastic! Linda

Linda, Karen, Lizzie and I will be there to help out wherever we are needed with you. We will also be bringing Frank's daughter with us. Here and Lizzie are having a great time together. Sabriana is going to show Millie today driving at the 4-H Jr show at the fair. Should be a lot of fun.

See you all on Sunday

default_saludando.gif
Hey all,

where is your parking spot when you drive into the fairgrounds so I can find everyone?
default_wink.png

Shelly-

We park by the draft horse barn. We have the red pickup truck with the gooseneck trailer. Make sure you come over and visit!!

Fingers are crossed for nicer weather than the last show!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

I'm hoping I can be parked somewhere near the fence so I have somewhere to tie my horses. I have a silver truck, white 2 horse trailer w/dressing room and will have at least 6 horses: silver, silver pinto, palomino, blue roan, silver bay, bay pinto. Might have a bay with big blaze/blue eyes too. They range from 29" to 35". I show in a royal(ish) colour jacket and black pants. I'm usually easier to catch after the halter classes since I'm usually in just about every halter class.

Wonderful, I'm soooo excited to get to meet new mini people and put faces to names!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

This afternoon I worked on the PA system inside and out. Connected and redirected the speaker out the back of the ring. It is amied towards Lindas parking spot. That should help alot with people getting the announcements at the trailers. The speaker out by the Scales is also positioned a little better.

The ring is a little harder than last show right now. the drag will not do any good. I will try to get it worked up Friday if I can get away from work.

As for the weather it looks ok but I am not in charge of that, but it looks ok so far!

Mark

Hi Shelly,

Can't tell you where we will be parked, as we always park

somewhere different. Mark likes down under the trees for

shade, I like to be as close to the ring as possible.

Green trailer with white stripe. Two silver pintos and one

flaxen sorrel.

We are always right out straight, but should have time to

at least say hello.

P.S. We are always looking to hit someone up to hold our

third horse while we are in the ring with the other two. : )

Cathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shelly, I am looking forward to meet another local! We have a burgundy truck and a hawk trailer with burgundy stripe designs.

I have never shown there before. Where is the best parking spot? Shade would be nice but I don't want to be a mile away from the ring either.... any suggestions?

Also, I will have at least 3 horses and may be by myself..... in the lucky chance that I have more than one of mine qualify for the champ or supreme class I will be looking for a catch handler or two...... If anyone isn't showing but knows how to I might be able to use your help if I qualify, and you are interested
default_smile.png

Shelly, we will be there with 2 horses, a B size B/W pinto mare (Belle) and a yearling silver bay pinto colt (Rhett). We have a silver miniature horse trailer and silver Jeep.

Matt, parking really isn't an issue. There is plenty of room fairly close to the ring. There really isn't any trees for shade but there are stand up stalls if you want. The ring is indoor which is cooler. If you are short a handler, Makayla can probably help you out. We do not anticipate going in the Championship or Supreme classes. We are doing mostly performance classes in the afternoon.

Sue

I will be glad to help hold a horse or two OUT of the show ring as I have NEVER showed a mini before and would not know how or what to do!!!!
default_wacko.png
:wacko I'm glad to read that the ring is INDOOR as it now looks like rain most of the day
default_no.gif
:No-Sad
default_no.gif
Hope it changes before Sunday but a little rain never hurt anyone-right
default_saludando.gif

Just caught the weather again here and checked the computer. Looks like maybe a chance of scattered thunder showers for sunday. One says temp of 75 that would great! way better than 80+.

Shelly, Our shows are freindly and also allow the judge to work with the exhibitors to help them learn in the ring. Part of our goal; is to help new people learn and get experiance in the show ring with out the pressure of being in a rated show. There will some that have been showing at Nationals for years all the way to a few that this maybe the first or second show they have ever shown in. If your willing to give it a try in the ring I'm sure there will be a horse or two availible.

Matt, are the kids coming to the show ( I assume they are your younger siblings?) I think they would have a good time there if they can make it.

Good guess Mark but no, the kids are not siblings. Though that has been guessed before, I have also been asked if they were my own kids.......

They are more like students. You saw Nicholas and Jackie at the Northeast Show. Nicholas is the son of the lady who owns the horses I show(besides Pogo, who is mine). She was the taller lady with black hair that was around me at the Northeast show. The man was her husband Nick. Jackie is her niece. There are 2 other nieces and 2 granddaughters who also show. At the local shows we are ALL there, along with various aunts, cousins and dads, it's a lot to keep track of!

They probably won't be there this time around. 2 were going to be there but things came up. One has hockey camp and the other a family reunion thing. So I am flying solo, except Jane I think is coming to help out and enjoy the show. That's why I am hoping there will be extra handlers in case I need them
default_smile.png

The plan was to bring 4, which may still be the plan if I am crazy enough, but at least 3.

Hey Bozley,

Where in Cape Neddick are you? I ask because I drive the trolley in York Beach and might be able to stop by after work someday if you are close!!!

Shelly,

That is so cool! We would love to have you stop by. We live on the other side of town 2 miles from Ogunquit beach. I will PM you the directions.

Sue

For all those that are coming to the show we will be having a raffle to benifit "Ribbons for Linda". We are open to donations to add to the prize list. Does not have to mini horse related. We started with 6 bales of shavings and some maple syrup.

Mark

We got another donation for the MMHC Show raffle. Makayla works for Nancy's Catering here in Cape Neddick. Nancy said she would donate a chicken entree for two. Her sister owns Bread & Roses Bakery in Ogunquit and she is donating a delicious pie for dessert.

Makayla will do up a nice gift certificate to bring to the show.

Sue

Mark, I'll make up or 2 bucket with somethings donated by Maple E. We have stuff left over that can be used. Looking forward to meeting all of you on Sunday. Linda always says what a great time she has at the Maine shows. I think that some of us in NH will be joining your shows next year.

Latest posts

Back