Who's expecting in 2005?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbarjminis

Reaction score
We only have 2 jennets bred for 2005. Hershey is a brown jennet bred to Coke our spotted jack we sold and she's due March 2 (my birthday!). Dottie is a brown/white spotted jennet bred to a black NLP jack and she's due April-May (bought her pasture bred). I can't wait. Donkey babies are the best. We will be breeding 4-5 jennets for 2006 to our sorrel jack Dandy.

We also have three goats currently due. Ruby and Sophie are fainter does due February 5th and Minne is a boer doe due March 11th. All are bred to our buck Cowboy. We will have goats kidding in early summer too, as we will be breeding 2 young doelings at the end of January. These will be our first kids born here and we are so excited. These little baby goats are the most cuddly sweet things ever. We've purchased/reserved kids at 2 weeks, but never the tiny newborns.

And we are hoping for our first litter out of our young white shepherd female in spring. Our first litter of solid whites!

Good luck to everyone with their births of all your critters in 2005

I have only 2 bred and they are bred for late, if they are bred at all, I hope they are, it'll be my first baby donkeys. I wish I could find another couple bred jennies but am kinda broke so wish I could find someone who'd want to trade for minis. I have a couple here that I'd bought but didn't want them bred as it'd been so late in the season next yr so decided I'd rather wait and breed them for early babies the following yr. You should have seen Sue's donkeys freak out when they saw the cattle, it was really hilarious!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 4 bred to late 2005. They are all gray/dun jennies bred to a white jack (maybe minium pinto? - we leased him as our jack is not old enough)

Then we have 3 others to bred here in the spring of this coming year - two loud pinto and a black bred to our loud spotted jack.

Can't wait to have some baby donks.....This is our first year with them. I had one mini donkey born way back in 01, and now she and her mother are both part of the ones due nex year.

I have 2 bred for a hinny. Both are due in Sept. 05. They are bred to my frosted appy/dun stallion, both jenny are gray. My last hinny from this cross was a dark bay.

We aren't expecting any donkeys (only have the jack) but we are expecting 2 mini mules. We were supposed to have 3 but one mare aborted (hoping possibly it was going to be a twin and we will still get another) All of my mares are due in April. It will be a busy month but I will be on Sabatical and will be home for 8 GLORIOUS weeks.

Latest posts

Back