Whoohoo the POWER is ON!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]The kids and I got home from town last night at dusk to no lights (of course). I got the generator (there's been a rash of thefts lately) out of the garage, the fuel out of the car, looked up and the lights came on. I started jumping up and down, screaming and yelling, doing cheers for the crew working 1/4 mile away...I'm pretty sure they could hear me~LOL Mia got out of the car and started jumping around too, whoohooing. I'm sure we looked like idiots, but BOY were we happy!!! Zac definitely thought we had both gone out of our minds![/SIZE]

It is SUCH a relief to have the power back. 15 days was ENOUGH. I'm exhausted, but am also cleaning everything in sight, running the washer, dryer (boy I missed the dryer!) and dishwasher. Of course we've been washing dishes, but I'm gonna use it! I used the stove (Yeah!), microwave, coffee pot and the toaster ALL AT THE SAME TIME~LOL

We made it fine through the storms last night and were VERY lucky they kind of skimmed us. We had winds 40 mph of so, but it could have been much, much worse.

Whew.....I'm tired
default_aktion033.gif

I'm happy for you Laura. I bet your so relived to FINALLY have it back on. Gesh, 15 days is a looonnnggg time to go without it. I can't EVEN imagine. We had a lot of high wind last night and got about 1" of rain here in SW MO and it's raining some today, but at least in the night we didn't get any tornado warnings. Glad to hear your electricty is back on!!

I know you are so HAPPY!!! Now you know some of how our pioneering fathers lived before all of our modern conviences (sp). Dec 07 I was without power for 8 days and that was long enough and I don't have a generator so was totally in the dark so to speak. Glad that I did lots of camping in my younger days and still had all the equipment--camp stove, lanterns, battery radio, sleeping bags, etc. Just had to open the kitchen windows when using the camp stove (used those little propane bottles) and the lanterns. When it got dark I had a battery operated flourscent lamp to read or crochet by until it was time for bed.

The livingroom became home as that is were the fireplace was. Only thing I did not do was fill enough containers in the house to flush the toilet as often as I would have liked. Glad it was only me in the house at the time
default_wacko.png

Also learn a lesson to keep lots of various sized batteries on hand for any such emergency and those little 1# propane bottles which I also use for my small outside BBQ grill.

Welcome back to the MODERN AGES

The (new) generator saved us. *I* would have gone postal within days without it. We could only run a few things at a time and the fridge and freezer were #1 and #2, but it saved us. We're campers too, so we were very fortunate
default_wink.png

Hooray for you getting the power back on again.
default_rolleyes.gif

Can you tell me how big your generator is? We don't have one but probably look into getting one in case something like that happens. So you were able to run the refrigerator and freezer with it? Anything else or did you have to switch?

Don't know how you handled it, but since you are campers you probably made it an adventure.

Hooray for you getting the power back on again.
default_rolleyes.gif

Can you tell me how big your generator is? We don't have one but probably look into getting one in case something like that happens. So you were able to run the refrigerator and freezer with it? Anything else or did you have to switch?

Don't know how you handled it, but since you are campers you probably made it an adventure.
[SIZE=12pt]Ours is a Briggs & Stratton 5500 and it is GREAT! It ran the freezer, fridge, a few lights, TV system, computer/modem and the washer OR coffee pot OR toaster OR veggie steamer. It would run about 8 hours on about 5-6 gallons of gas, so it's not cheap, but SO worth it!!! I have found out that items with heating elements SUCK wattage, but regular applicances (see above) average about 500 watts, so you can run many things at the same time. People around here are dumping generators this size right and left, with a few hours to a few days worth of use on them. Check Craigslist!! [/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back