Who owns the smallest mini ? (that is not a dwarf)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

loveminis

I was just wondering with all the people that visit the forum, who owns the smallest miniature horse that is not a dwarf. I love the dwarves (no flames please). I am talking good bite and correct conformation. My life would be complete if someday I could own a teeny tiny miniature horse, say 25" or less at maturity. Is there such a horse out there ?

I am not trying to start any arguements or anything so please, don't go there.

default_biggrin.png
..... so who owns the smallest ? ... and please post a pic if you can.

I don't own the smallest out there, but the smallest mature horse on my farm is Brewers Feature Silver Satin, a tiny 27" 3 yr old mare. She is on my showstring this year and heading to the AMHA Central Championship Show next week.

7-08SilverSatin.jpg

Good question!! We currently have a teeny tiny long yearling boy that we are curious about. He has absolutely NO dwarf characteristics, but we need to measure him. I am guessing he is just under 26 inches and is staying small. From the look of his canon bone, he probably won't make 28"........

There is a group of breeders who advertise in the AMHA magazine who are focussed on "small minis". Some I know post here, so I would suspect you can get some good responses from them.

Charlotte, Reflections Mini farm, has a GORGOUS pinto stallion. Dont remember his name but I believe he is like 25 and half.

Parmala, Star Ridge Acears, has a few awsome tinis.

I know mine aren't the smallest, but I have three between 28 and 29 inches.

Jessi

This is Dent Frisky Kid FrostyBoss (in the avatar and below) at the Florida State Fair, where he measured just 25" and is a three year old. As you can see he is visiting the huge Percheron in the stall.

CIMG10092.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any excuse to post pictures of Calvin
default_smile.png
Hes not quite 27 inches yet hes a yearling.

calvinlizpic.jpg

We have several under 30" minis, and our smallest is about 28". The smallest that always comes to mind for me is also Charlotte's stallion Cowboy, but I have seen many other excellent, tiny minis here on the forum and on the Smallest Horse Group.

Lori, No Boss is a red roan,

I am also a big fan of Cowboy, he is an awsome little horse.

Did someone mention Cowboy? hehehe
default_biggrin.png

cowboyliz250X.jpg

This is our senior stallion. Lucky 17 Cowboy. 25 1/2". 11 years old.

Picture made when he was 7 years old and straight out of the pasture. Just a bath and trim.

Cowboy has only had a few foals each year yet just about one gets shown each year and goes Reserve Champion or Top Ten at World or at PtHA. His foals have shown successfully in Canada and Europe also.

We think he's quite remarkable.
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

There are some really, really nice tiny ones here!

The tiniest ones we have areL

WF Mas Corona, 27.5" at age 8, 4X World/National Top Ten (both open and ammy), stallion

IMG_9672-2.jpg

Indian Peaks Sweet Serenity, 27", 2 yr old filly. Sera seems to be about done growing.

serabody2007.jpg

Wisteria Rubicon Raven Beauty, 27" 2 yr old filly, World Reserve Champion Yearling

raven2007worldshowbackdrop1.jpg

But I'm guessing that Star Ridge Acres Golden Miracle aka "Mira" aka Poopy Butt is going to be our smallest horse at maturity. She measured 24.25" at Area IV back in July. Here is a pic from liberty class at that show. Her measurement at birth suggested she'd mature at 26" or less and I'd say that is holding true. Mira has a National Top Ten (10th of 23) in halter.

miraliberty2008.jpg

ETA: BTW, Mira's dream date is Charlotte's Cowboy!
default_wub.png

Last edited:
Did someone mention Cowboy? hehehe
default_biggrin.png

cowboyliz250X.jpg

This is our senior stallion. Lucky 17 Cowboy. 25 1/2". 11 years old.

Picture made when he was 7 years old and straight out of the pasture. Just a bath and trim.

Cowboy has only had a few foals each year yet just about one gets shown each year and goes Reserve Champion or Top Ten at World or at PtHA. His foals have shown successfully in Canada and Europe also.

We think he's quite remarkable.
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte
OMG!!!!!! Cowboy is just remarkably GORGEOUS!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Now that is ONE HANDSOME GUY
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
Too bad you are so far away-he and my Sahara would make a good cross!!
default_wink.png

My mare is 3 and 25 1/2 inches and hasn't grown in a year so I'd say she's done. I can't get a picture attached for whatever reason but she's a lovely buckskin mare who has a wonderful personality to go with her wonderful conformation. Thank you Dynmos Miniatures!

Charlotte and Garyo, keep in touch, as I would love to breed her in a couple of years if she passes a breeding soundness exam. =)

default_wub.png
I love the itty bitty ones !!! Thanks for the pics so far.

123_2355-275x206.jpg

Klavohns Bitty Baby..........as we call her Itty Bitty.

She is 27" @ 5 yrs old. She is the sweetest lil mare.

Here's my special little one.

[SIZE=18pt][/size]AMAZING GRACE STEAL MY HEART[/SIZE]

Foaled 3-26-06 and at almost 2 1/2 years old barely stands at 26".

pics027.jpg

DSC_0376a.jpg

Latest posts

Back