Who is who?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckskin gal

Reaction score
I have noticed several posting but not giving any clue to who they are with a signature. Can any one tell me who is Frank and who is SLV? Would really be nice to know who is speaking
default_yes.gif
Thanks, Mary

At the top of the page, on the right there is a link to MEMBERS which has a listing of everyone.

Thanks Tony but that only gives a forum name and doesn't tell who they are but then maybe they don't want to be identified...it is nice to know something about the members but then some don't want that. Mary

At the top of the page, on the right there is a link to MEMBERS which has a listing of everyone.

I worry when people don't want to be identified on the net. We just found out my 14 yr old niece was chatting with a 54 yr old man on a kids site. Yes, I worry when they don't want to be identified. I don't care who knows who I am and I don't care if they don't like me. But,

I would hope they do like me.

Chat rooms are never safe, even the kid ones, in fact sometimes I think the kid ones are even less safe . . . . it is sick, but a sad truth.

I obviously do not want to keep my name and contact information secret, but some do. We are not "entitled" to know who every poster is and if they choose to keep their true identity secret, that is up to them.

I have never posted anything on here in an offensive tone. Have gone out of my way not to. I, like you, am entitled to my opinions and am also entitled to my privacy. You, Buckskin Gal, are the only person that has worried about who I am. No one else has ever asked. If I were on here being obnoxious then I could see why. I have been very careful with my posts to remain diplomatic. Actually, it is none of your business, but I can tell you this, I own 38 head of miniature horses, been doing this (minis) since 1997, and plan on it for the rest of my life. I am a memeber of both AMHA and AMHR and totally support both registries. I have been in horses for my entire 46 years of life. Perhaps I visit the forum because I work during the day and find it a lot more interesting than TV at night. I have learned things on here and am very open to other opinions. I have various sized horses in my herd from 28 inches up to 36. I love them all and take very good care of them. It started worrying you as to who I was when I started agreeing with a few posts that you obviously don't agree with. I am entitled to my opinion and have stated my thoughts with diplomacy and will continue to do so until Mary Lou says that I cannot.
default_yes.gif

I "know" who you are. SLV on LB. That's enough for me. And I do hope you and EVERYONE will keep posting your own opinions and insights. A lot of times, I won't personally agree with what is posted but isn't that what makes it interesting and even gives an opportunity to learn? I mean, I already am deeply familiar with my own opinions
default_biggrin.png
And, really, I think it's more typical to be a nick name to people on an internet message board, vs. a full name, etc.

A lot of times, I won't personally agree with what is posted but isn't that what makes it interesting and even gives an opportunity to learn?
not to mention... what a boring world it would be if we were all exactly the same , did things exactly the same and thought and felt things exactly the same....

I too wonder who some people are just like Mary. I wonder where they are also. I love to go look at there horses too. I have 13 now and am looking for a couple more but thats not the point, Don't take offense slv it is only natural human curiosity. It is nice to know what part of the world a person is from and whether they have a web site or not. We are all here because we have one thing in common and that is these little horses. personally I know enough about these computers to know if someone wanted to find me they could and hiding all my info would be a waste of time so I put it there.Oh well the differences of opinion and different outlooks is one thing that keeps me coming back to this board. I disagree with many, laugh at a few and accept them all. The differences are what makes this Beautiful world go round !. I too would love more info on many more people but if they don't want it out OK too. slv do you have a web site? Frank do you?? Would love to see your horses. I have to get one set up too, I will hush

You Go SLV! There are days I wish I never looked at this site and there are days I can't seem to get off of it. I too didn't want to put my name on the line- you never know how viscious people can be and how it might affect your business. But needless to say- I am an Eberth in blood so I am opinionated and open to sharing, but I too try to be diplomatic and and politically correct!

SLV I am really sorry you took offense to my asking. I sure did not mean it to be offensive nor for you to become defensive. I was just curious because I did take what you were saying with serious consideration...nothing bad at all!!
default_unsure.png
default_unsure.png
I only wanted to know who it might be that had some very well spoken opinions and if that is something you see as bad then I will live with it. If you want to stay hidden in identity that certainly is your right but some of us aren't going to take anyone too seriously who we don't know something about. Truly, I am sorry if I offended you because tht was not my intention. Mary

I would contact the person you are curious about privately next time. Not everyone wants to put their information out there on the Internet and I can't say as I blaim them. Unless someone is an obvious troll, I wouldn't let that stop me from considering what they have to say.

I think you are doing some assuming. I totally respect any other persons rights. Some seem to be assuming I had bad intentions and that is not true, but people do a lot of assuming and that is what causes problems for others. I don't know what makes you think I didn't try to contact her privately but it really doesn't matter for what is done is done. JMHO Mary

I would contact the person you are curious about privately next time. Not everyone wants to put their information out there on the Internet and I can't say as I blaim them. Unless someone is an obvious troll, I wouldn't let that stop me from considering what they have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to stay hidden in identity that certainly is your right but some of us aren't going to take anyone too seriously who we don't know something about.

I'm not assuming anything, just reading what was said.
default_smile.png

I know who Frank is and I highly respect his opinion. As he stated he has owned horses for years and minis as well. His wife is on here ocassionally. I will not reveal who he is, as that is up to him or his wife, but he is a well repected mini owner.

I'm not trying to be rude AT ALL.

But what does matter who they are. All they are doing is stating there opinion. I thought a forum is where we come to learn from others, and help others, not get picked apart for a different OPINION....But I guess I'm wrong again because thats basically what we're doing is picking on each other.

Sorry, to say my opinion.

*running away from the flames*

Latest posts

Back