Who is heck is Jackson Brown ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Another post reminded me of a story last month. I was thinking of old music that I hadnt heard in a long time and was looking for new barn CDs....real tired that day and thought of "Running On Empty" Jackson Brown and thought I used to love him. Well the little nerd at Barns and Noble was like...who? what does he sing? Nope never heard of him? I tried singing a verse or two of a few of his songs and I thought the kid was going to call security.

AM I THAT OLD>>>Please tell me there are other Jackson Brown fans still alive and kicking...it wasnt That long ago was it. Heidi

Just heard him on the radio last night...Tender is the night....wonder what he's up to these days?????

AM I THAT OLD
yes, we are...but remember with age comes wisdom...and alot of grey hairs and fat rolls!

Love Jackson Brown! These kids now days have no idea what good music even sounds like! Its pathetic! :DOH!

i LOVE his music and i'll be the first to admit...i probably have SOCKS older than a lot of the people at LB!
default_new_shocked.gif

LOL, I think I recently told someone I had underwear older than them
default_biggrin.png
Jackson Browne rocks!

They say you know you're getting old when "your music" becomes elevator music!
default_wacko.png

It's bad enough when I catch myself singing along with the music in the grocery store, but when I realize I'm singing harmony ('cause I know it that well.) and then think how much water has gone under the bridge since then!

The Eagles, anyone? How about the Moody Blues or the Beach Boys!
default_yes.gif

Okay...every generation has their music and thinks the previous generation's music is beyond the pale, but...

Why do we allow...even enable...anyone to be this rude?

And yes, we definitely allow it, probably because we don't want to come across as a crotchety old fogey.

I would have asked to speak to the store manager and remind them to remind even their youngest employees that the customer is always right and that, afterall, this is a store selling MUSIC.

...or better yet, I would have looked down my nose (hard to do since I'm not that tall...) and sneered at this vapid youth, and saud "Oh, were you hired as a charity case? During 'hire the stupid week'? I thought record store employees prided themselves on knowing their product?"

For some reason it's acceptable for teenagers and 20 somethings to be snotty little brats (not that all or even most of them are), and WE PUT UP WITH IT.

I guess I'm just feeling old and grumpy today...

Ahhh! Jackson Brown. Love his music. I use to drive back and forth from Denver, CO and it was great driving music. Just hoped that I didn't "run on empty" on the trip.

I love Jackson Browne and saw him play live several times!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Ok. I'm old...

Liz R.

Just wanted to say that I am 27...and I know who Jackson Brown is!!!! So no....it's not necessarily an "age thing" but a "diversity thing".
default_wink.png

Oh yeah... Jackson Browne!! Guess I am old too! That's back closer to when music was music!

Just heard him on the radio last night...Tender is the night....wonder what he's up to these days?????

AM I THAT OLD
yes, we are...but remember with age comes wisdom...and alot of grey hairs and fat rolls!
Those are NOT fat rolls but lovey dovey handles
default_wub.png
and not gray hair but sterling silver and YES...wisdom and integrity and ummm what were we talking about?

I still blast Jackson Browne!! and we sing Jackson Browne stuff when we break out the guitars around the fire pit in the backyard so even my nieces who are both under 10 know the words to several Jackson Browne tunes.
default_biggrin.png

Jackson Browne did a solo acustical show up here this winter/spring.

If memory serves me right he sings a phrase "rollin down 295 out of portland, maine"

The classic rock station on the barn radio still plays his songs. I think the kids call it oldies.

I think I have a cassette or two and maybe an LP from a few years back.

Mark

They aren't fat rolls......

It's just as you get older, your brain can't hold all the information so it spreads downwards.....
default_biggrin.png

And I'm thirty and know who Jackson Brown is!!!! So agree with the diversity comment earlier! I was raised on the Beatles, Eagles, Abba, Bonny M etc etc.

Maybe the clerk was just raised on classical music??? My other half has an extreme interest in music and talks about bands/groups that I've never heard of and TYPES of music I've never heard of!!! (and he's younger than me) I don't recall a comment that the clerk was rude, just er, un exposed to the music of Jackson Brown.

Actually - will just go ask the other half if he knows Jackson Brown.......
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh wow!

The sad thing is, is that I'm thirteen and I immediately knew who Jackson Browne was! I have "Running On Empty" on my iPod! It's really sad that kids these days don't like the good ole stuff. I was hopping into my friend's car with her mom at the wheel. My mom's friend was taking us to a book club. She turned on the CD player and within 5 seconds, I had blurted out "Van Morrison!" Plus I had named U2, REM, and someone else playing on the radio at the restaurant. All of my friends think I'm crazy and I listen to garbage, but their parents think it's great!

Thanks Daddy for all of your hard work for playing Jim Croce when I was seven.
default_wink.png
Never could have done it without you.

Grew up on Jackson Browne but I think I am the only one here that did not like him.
default_rolleyes.gif

I listened to Moody Blues, Dave Brubeck, Emerson Lake & Palmer and my all time favorite, Yes. Got to see them in concert a few years ago, had 5th row seats and when Jon Anderson said they were going to play "Wonderous Stories" I jumped out of my seat at Jon Anderson saw me and gave me a thumbs up.

Also listened to Jim Croce, Dan Fogelberg, Prince, Steely Dan, Elton John, George Michael, Wham, Donna Summer.... and love Musorgky (classical Russian composer - not sure I spelled his name right), Toby Keith, Trace Atkins, Tori Amos, Enya and Yanni with all of the above. I have some very different music tastes.

Denise

Latest posts

Back