Who in the Storm's Path Have we NOT Heard From!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
There have been several farms and forum members who people have mentioned under other threads who have been in "Katrina's " path........Who have we NOT heard from or heard how they are doing????

MA

Miniv said:
There have been several farms and forum members who people have mentioned under other threads who have been in "Katrina's "  path........Who have we NOT heard from or heard how they are doing????
MA

457920[/snapback]

I have been trying all morning to find out how Debra Gee is doing. She lives in Montegut LA. She has a lot of mini's, dogs, and birds. If anyone knows how she is please share it here. thanks

Waiting to hear about Ann Simmons (Seahorse Miniatures) in Hattiesburg, MS. She felt, she would be unable to communicate for awhile after the storm hit when we talked the day before Katrina hit, so we are anxiously awaiting news of her.

Va Lynda Ann

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunder,

I just saw a post by Monette (Wisteria) under a different thread that she had heard from Ann Simmons. Ann reported that she has no power but she and horses were all alive.

One farm that no one has heard from is Millenium --- I think. I've been checking the various threads and no one has mentioned them.

MA

I have been unable to get in touch with Debra Gee since storm hit------she was in the path so please keep her in your prayers... she just had a foal last week, we are praying they have made it thru safely... i will update as soon as we recieve word from her..... everyone who was affected by this storm, please know our prayers are with you ... please dont hesitate to ask if you need anything-- we have room for a few horses and a spare bedroom if needed.... we are located near Cleveland Texas.... weather here is hot but at least we are dry......

Hoping and praying everyone and their animals are ok! The storm is headed our way now. I am in NY near the PA line by Lake Erie. Only expecting between 3-6 inches of rain here with winds between 35-40 mph from what I heard, starting later tonight into tomorrow, but its already raining slightly now.

I feel so badly for those in LA and all the others where it hit the worst. I'm still thinking of all of you and keeping you all in my prayers. God Bless!

I too have been wondering about Debra & her animals & birds--I pray she & they are all okay, just no power & phone.

We haven't heard from Joyce who posted about getting ready for the hurricane. I hope her, her family, and the animals all made it through ok.

Katrina is here in Ohio right now and are we ever soggy! Heavy rain, nasty traffic, hard to see. I was very happy to get home from work tonite!

Skipped one road I usually drive on that floods so it wasn't too bad.

The good news is the weather this weekend will be outstanding and we will be hitting the trails in Amish country.

I heard from Danny and Jackie Buskirk of T & S Mini Ranch in Aberdeen, MS (just south of Tupelo) today and they are OK. They said there were lots of limbs down and everything was a terrible mess, but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

The Buskirks are not Forum members, but wonderful people. I bought one of my mares, T & S Mini Ranch Sparkles And Gold, from them.

Anybody heard anything from or about Pat Foster of Impressible Miniatures. They are in Mobile Alabama. I saw something on the news tonight of Mobile and it looked like it was all under water.
new_shocked.gif

Robin

The AMHA, its members and staff are all thinking of and concerned for our members and fellow Americans who live in areas of the country affected by the devestation of Hurricane Katrina. If you or someone you know has been affected by Hurricane Katrina and is looking for a place to keep horses following this national disaster, please contact the AMHA at 817.783.5600 extension 320. Several generous AMHA members have come forward to offer stall space and even limited housing in Louisiana and Texas. If you are in the surrounding area and would like to add your name to a list of available spaces, please call us or email [email protected].

Latest posts

Back