Who have you bred (or not bred) for 2013?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bred most of my mares to this stallion

WH2162body61.jpg

I also used a black and white homozygous and homozygous for black stallion that i dont have good pics of yet.

I bred my appy mares to this stallion

MVC-017S.jpg

I used a black sabino for my LWO positive mares

I tried to breed all my my mares as that is a possible paycheck, and if they are open there is NO chance of a paycheck, so....... hopefully waiting!!!!!

I bred the pinto - Impressibles Feathered Snow to my 28" champagne appaloosa stallion Pee Wee Farms Gold Fever. Very excited about the result!

snow1.jpg

Pistol champ.jpg

And I bred my roan pinto mare, Pee Wee Farms Buckeroos Babe (A buckeroo granddaughter) to King Willie Willis (An Egyptian King grandson).

babehalter.jpg

Willie.jpg

We bred 4 before the market started getting really scary. Fortunately, one was preg tested and turned out to not be in foal. I know that I have two for sure in foal for 2013 and possibly a third. Here is what we are expecting.

johnny.JPG

This is the stallion bred to the three mares. He is dun splash tovero

milagro.jpg

This mare is a bay pintalloosa LOW+ and a beautiful appy blanket mixed in with a paint spot.

lucy3.jpg

This mare is a former driving show horse. I have no record of it but if anyone has access to those records, I would love to know. Her name is Black Walnuts Sky Dancer and was shown in the AMHA. I don’t have her registration number on me right now.

dunshadow3.jpg

This mare may or may not be in foal but I can’t tell sense she isn’t due until July or August. This foal could possibly be homozygous for dun.

I bred my mare I imported from Sweden "C Spots Salvo Import Saga"

sagamoccasin.jpg

to C Spots Justins Fortunate Son a few spot appy

sonny062012hd.jpg

Looking foward to spots (hopefully!)

Tammie

Last edited by a moderator:
After picking up our small mare, Stuffy, coming home from a lease out of state, I put her in with our stallion, "Iggy" in February. Was a little disappointed when I watched her then stand again for him the end of March AND the end of April. Then I think she may have been jealous - as after he covered a new mare in October - she stood for him again, so I thought we might be done with foals from this pair. Well, studying her now - she's really looking pregnant and I may have seen the foal move. She's not bagging up yet, but could be due as early as the end of January if she conceived on the first breeding cycle. Her first two foals from this cross are ASPC Foundation ponies and look to stay small enough to go AMHR, so I'm looking forward to her 3rd from this. Stuffy hasn't been shown ASPC/AMHR - but has done many local and 4H shows with children as young as 3 yrs old - in showmanship, halter, leadline, w/t, w/t/c - huntseat and western, has gone swimming in the Cape Fear river while trail riding, many parades. She's not a highly trained harness pony but has done a lot of driving - down the trails w/ both experienced drivers and beginners safely. In an 8 yr period of off farm leases, she "taught" more than 30 children to ride both western and huntseat while living with 4 other families besides our own and we are excited to have our youngest granddaughter start sitting on her now ...

12nov4st091b.jpg

I turned Iggy out with the next three mares from the middle of April thru the middle of May. I'm sure the one mare is in foal. This will be Koalah's 3rd foal frm this cross for us. The 2nd mare - hmm - not so sure that Bell is back in foal during this time period BUT when her filly was weaned, I removed her from the barn pasture and turned her out with him again and she stood for him off and on for a week in October (UGH, a September foal...). But that's ok since this mare will be 21 yrs old next year. I'd rather have a good quality, later in the summer foal than no foal at all. The 3rd mare was in heat - we did one hand breeding cover before they were turned out together. I wasn't sure that she'd caught - now?? Her shape has changed somewhat and we shall see. If she is - this will be her first foal since 2008 - she absorbed a foal in Dec of 2011 according to u/s..

Koalah - driving at a draft horse event (as a pair with Bit) with her 2012 filly (same cross) at her side.

12apr21ncwhma56_2.jpg

Bell (92 mare) - with her 2012 filly (same cross). And then Bit (91 mare) - Bell's full sister. If she's in foal this will be our first foal from Bit since we purchased her.

12mar29cla320.jpg
10aug15bi154.jpg

"Iggy" or All That Style N Class (Raven of Bird Haven x All That Sparkle N Flash) is in my avatar or can be seen here - Iggy

Then we have our last foal coming from our larger ASPC stallion - "AJ". We had only 1 cover before the mare went out of heat and then I was going to turn her in with him when he fell while running in the rain in the pasture and 2 months later was euthanized when work on him didn't fix his injuries this summer. He was 20.

AJ (WF Action Jacson - 1992 stallion)

6b60.jpg

and Tory (Cherry Hill Olympic Victory - 2005 mare)

12aug17to505.jpg

We are pretty excited by our expected foal crop this year.

We are not breeding anyone at all. We have one foal born 4 weeks ago, lost the mare at 4 days from colic and a twisted intestine and are raising an orphaned colt............ our stallion is available to outside mares, however, we are taking a break from breeding and are just going to concentrate on showing for now.

Oh little shiloh farm, so very sorry for the loss of your mare. Hope your foal is doing ok.

Thankfully the little guy is doing really great!! He took to drinking from a bucket within a few hours of loosing mom, he is a month old now and growing. We are so blessed to have him!! Here are a few pics of our little man.... LSF Analisa's Last Heartbreaker (pending a and r)
76471_10200131946809357_1884832664_n.jpg
602761_10200298018441044_1251567735_n.jpg
33841_10200298952584397_2080614673_n.jpg

Thankfully the little guy is doing really great!! He took to drinking from a bucket within a few hours of loosing mom, he is a month old now and growing. We are so blessed to have him!! Here are a few pics of our little man.... LSF Analisa's Last Heartbreaker (pending a and r)
76471_10200131946809357_1884832664_n.jpg
602761_10200298018441044_1251567735_n.jpg
33841_10200298952584397_2080614673_n.jpg
What a little doll, so sorry you lost your mare.

my heart breaks for you losing your beautiful mare and you know I love the little fella !!

I have 5 mares infoal to RHA Rangers Absolut

424531_2973301966309_447058873_n.jpg

Shadel Cloudless Sioux AMHA

539170_3896604768302_1223346040_n.jpg

Slaneyrose Cascade of Silver AMHA ,grey over red and white pinto possibly homozygous

525517_4124073294873_1660588429_n.jpg

Bijou a snowflake falabella blend reg IMHPS

525517_4124073454877_1884103202_n.jpg

Lewingales Permanently Pickled falabella blend reg BMHS

561964_4124082255097_1349529336_n.jpg

C & C Sasha FMHA ref falabella

sasha.jpg

We haven't bred anyone for 2013. If I didn't have too many horses already I wouldn't mind breeding a mare to our palomino pinto pony--he is going to be Mini sized and will be eligible for AMHR registration in 2014 so....I'd really like to see how he crosses on one of our Mini mares.

Little Shiloh farm, I am so sorry you lost your mare. Her little colt looks so adorable. Will pray that he will do well for you and bring you much joy!
default_yes.gif

We bred some of our mares for 2013. Here they are:

Daisy Dust x Cash.jpg

Elite x Cash.jpg

Ellie Mae x Royal Grand.jpg

Mai Tai x Cash.jpg

Not Forgotten x Cash.jpg

Scarlet x Eagle Scout.jpg

Sienna x Jesse James.jpg

Sumethin x Domino.jpg

Symphony x McCoy.jpg

CMC....Thank you...we do have a very special boy. I love your top two mares, the unique colors are amazing!! SUE can't wait to see that foal, that mare was so worth waiting for!!!

Latest posts

Back