Who has Missouri Foxtrotters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
I am currently evaluating stallions to breed my mare to. He has to be a very special boy to breed my mare though. I only intend on having one foal from her. She's 20 years old, and she's the most spectacular horse I've ever been around. She's blind in one eye... but she NEVER EVER spooks at anything, goes anywhere you ask her to go without a moments hesitation. She's smooth, willing, loving, loves being around humans, and is one of the most loved horses I've ever owned. I would trust her without hesitation to put my 62 year old blind father on her back and not worry a bit. Yes, a horse is a horse and anything can happen... but this girl is just one in a million.

I am pretty picky about the stallion she's going to be bred to. Physically I want smooth, easy gait. Full hip, thick boned, full, thick neck, well rounded shoulders, deep, wide chest, well defined face with large expressive eyes. Alert expression. Mentally I want eager to please, one that preferrs human interaction, gentle, not a king on the totem pole, sweet, loving, affectionate, and a hint of playfulness. One that has a bit of pep to his step, and yet is easily controlled. I fully believe that mental traits are very hereditary, and so I prefer to take two individuals that have similar attitudes that are desireable to me because I think that increases my chances of getting a foal of like-quality. Color really isn't important to me at all. I am not wanting to produce a horse to be put on the horse market to be bought and sold. I just one as my companion. I intend to keep the baby and be it's forever home. If it happens to come out a stud colt, he'll be gelded.

I just love my mare so very much, the thought of her not being around forever breaks my heart and makes me want to cry. Every day I brush out her mane and tail, I hug her repeatedly, her neck, her back, her hips, I hang all over this girl. She s such a sweet girl, I just wish I had a way of wording a description so that you could know how amazing this girl is.

So ... I would love to see pictures of your Missouri Foxtrotters... would also like to hear about them. If you have some on a website, I'd love to go visit your site and see them. If you know of a good MFT website, please, point it out to me. I truely love the breed. My uncle Jay Watson, of Paraoguld, Arkansas has raised many outstanding MFT horses and they are all over the U.S. He's got the most natural communication with his horses. It is just heart-warming to watch him interact with his horses.

Latest posts

Back