Who else is on mare stare as I post this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
I see a few posts with perhaps imminet foalings about to occur. I missed out on a Canada day foal but my mare is acting EXTREMELY wrestless tonight, foot stomping, AGAIN, tail lifting, pacing.... Since she was purchased from an American breeder she may just have wanted to wait for your 4th of July!!! Going to be a long night and Karen, if she is like her mom and sister, this is day 316 as you told me they always foaled on.

I am on mare stare also although not with such imminent signs as some I've seen posted recently. I *think* we are still a week or so away. This will be our first foaling EVER so needless to say, we are all anxious and nervous and excited
aktion033.gif
Good luck with your girl!

I'm here Dani too.

I'm watching Holly.

She's not ready as your mare at all, but I'm still setting my alarm every hour at the moment. I'm already pooped and I'm just getting started.

hello,

i am 15 & i only have a 4 month filly... so i can't say i'm watching too, but i wish all you who are awaiting little babies, safe arivals & good luck!

Question: when you know your are going to have a foal come soon, must/ do you pre pick the name or pic it on looks /additude?

thanks Desiree

saludando.gif
Waiting here on the last two. Waiting..........waiting........waiting.......

rolleyes.gif
I just checked the camera because Dolly is laid over on her side and set the alarm off. Feet kicking around, mouth twitching and eyes moving. At least someone around here can sleep and have sweet dreams.

I have no idea when these last two are due, I THOUGHT sometime in May, apparently they didn't take on the pasture breeding when I thought they did. Someone snuck around at night I think when mom wasn't looking.
biggrin.gif

*edited because I hit the darn wrong button while typing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well nice to know I am not the only one sleep deprived on this day. Yes these maiden mares sure keep you guessing, that's for SURE!!!

As far as having names picked out I do have a barn name if it's filly and that is only because my grandaughter is a fanatic for Dora the Explorer so if we have a filly that will be her barn name "Dora". If it's a colt I have a registered name chosen but no barn name
wacko.gif
If it's a filly a good registered name in my case if not taken would be Any Dream will Do. We will just have to wait and see
new_shocked.gif
Come on "Abby", mom is getting pretty tired here waiting on you to make up your mind that this is the night!!!

saludando.gif
Hey there Danielle! Add us to your list on Mare Stare. I was SO sure Desi wouldn't make this long......HA. Just a couple more hours and we may have Firecracker Baby!

I'm done trying to out guess this one! She's just standing quietly at the moment, although I just came back in from cleaning up some cow-pies in her stall.

MA

I hear ya. I am about to go and make a check and do the same. When I went earlier we had our nightly visit from the darn racoon who was hissing at my cats!!!

Okay just got back and I have a question for any of you who are on my mare stare and have gone through this before. Pardon the graphic nature of the question I am about to ask. First off Abby is restless, eating, stopping, walking around, back eating.... also she is lifting her tail and her anus/vulva is moving alot, like she is trying to have a bowel movement. Now she has had many this evening but she has hay infront of her face so she is "grazing", I spread it around the stall in small amount. Is this another possible sign?

Danielle, right now anything could be a sign!! Angels tap dancing in the aisle?? that's a sign. Mare holding up a placard saying "HALLOOOO!!, I'm about to foal definitely a sign. Vulva/ anus wriggling- could be movement from within the passage- take a look if there's a little post-it note with "Hallo Aunty" on it, the foal is on it's way!!! Good Luck

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
too funny. What if I see an "alien" in there? then what????
yes.gif
thanks for the laugh, at this hour in the morning it doesn't take much to get me crying with laughter. I am going to bed for an hour..... can't keep my eyes open any longer.

Have a good sleep- that is when she will foal, after all!! If you see an Alien then Marty sent it so don't tell me- tell her to come take her weird friends home!!

bump bump bump

Hello ABBY --- give Danielle a break please..... time to foal NOW!

Danielle needs some SLEEP.

News?

JJ

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

No I am not smiling because we have a foal on the ground, I am laughing (thanks I needed it from gritting my teeth the last couple of days) at the last two posts.

Came home from work yesterday and as I approached the front gate to the barn I could hear "toc....toc....toc....toc.... Came into the barn and peered into Abby's stall. There is miss Abby with ears pinned back, back right leg almost crossing the left front and kicking the floor....
new_shocked.gif
A sign you say????? Ya I thought so too....checked and she is bagging up again, for the third time of this yoyo syndrome....express some liquid
new_shocked.gif
it's now gone from honey yellow (sticky) to WHITE (sticky)....for the third time we have gone through first opaque white (not sticky)...to honey yellow (sticky) and now WHITE (sticky)...another sign you say?????????? I thought so too.....check her back end, seems like
new_shocked.gif
the plug!!!! Was doing a happy dance at this point, could have danced on the ceiling....asked myself "should I post on the board?? No, just in case another false alarm.." Fed dinner, cleaned stalls, came in prepared dinner, (too tired to eat), gave my grandaughter her bath....checked on Abby - NOTHING GOING ON - came back into the house and did some cleaning....put Makayla to bed....back out to barn ---- STILL NOTHING but decided just in case to put some grass hay over the woody pet (better to be safe than sorry) .... back in the house...check every 1/2 hour....it is now 3:00 a.m. and the only pooped one around here is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Came back into the house and said "TO H#LL with this and went to bed for 2 hours. Got up this morning and literally ran to the barn...look inside Abby's stall (ya never know) and see that 3/4 of the grass hay is GONE!!! Hope she enjoyed her smorgaborg, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And the wait continues....................

Oh Dani, you must be nearly exhausted. Once you are TOTALLY exhausted, she will finally foal. You are almost ready.
biggrin.gif

We are busy installing new fence so I'm not on the computer very much right now. Please give me a call when Abby finally gets around to it.

Push Abby, PUSH!

Karen

Danielle - I feel for you! I truly do!!!

Come on Abby - get it over with!!!

JJ

me...me...me...meeeeeeemmmmeee

Waiting for my 1st foal this year!!!!

Hi Freeland.............yes I am still waiting on Katy!!!

deadhorse2.gif

Latest posts

Back