Who does CDE?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Alberta...mules, horses, minis...they all compete together. To be sure, contact the organizers and read the prize list for any show specific conditions!

Very nice to hear that you went to a neck collar with your Bell Crown. We have done a lot of videos and written posts over the last SEVERAL years regarding the use of breast plates (and Euro collars) with a neck collar line of draft. We of course, build our carts per the harness the client wants to use, and some of ours have a second mount built into them, so the cart can be used with either breast plate, or neck collars, and be correct.

I've read your blog posts and articles which helped a lot in deciding to go a full collar. I can see the difference in how my guys go so it didn't take long to realize it was best for all of us!

Thanks so much for your feedback! Great input - I just talked to another mini owner who got a Bell Crown and has had it for 9 years, still in great shape. It sounds perfect for me and Sammy. And yes, I agree about volunteering. There is an event coming up in August that I put my name on the volunteer list for. :)

I just noticed you're in Seattle. Did you sign up for the EI CDE in August? If you're available the end of June you should come out for Kitchen Sink, our first general fun event of the season. I'll be there with Eden and a whole group of mini drivers.

If you ever want to come and see my Bellcrown just let me know. We love company!

I just noticed you're in Seattle. Did you sign up for the EI CDE in August? If you're available the end of June you should come out for Kitchen Sink, our first general fun event of the season. I'll be there with Eden and a whole group of mini drivers.

If you ever want to come and see my Bellcrown just let me know. We love company!

That is a very kind offer to visit! The mini people I have met have been great about sharing - a fun group for sure. I will be at the August Donida event to watch and volunteer. I didn't sign my own mini up just yet - we are getting to know each other. The Kitchen Sink event is probably a good first place for us to venture out. Is there a way to PM on this forum and share contact info?

[QUOTE="barngirl2, post: 1630534, member: 46614.
Is there a way to PM on this forum and share contact info?[/QUOTE]

Yes there is. Click on the photo of the person (in this case, Dalvers63) and then do “start a conversation”. This will send a message and a notification.

I've been encouraged to show in the states this year...EI was mentioned! It's not in the cards this year, but if that changes I'll be in touch :).

[QUOTE="barngirl2, post: 1630534, member: 46614.
Is there a way to PM on this forum and share contact info?

Yes there is. Click on the photo of the person (in this case, Dalvers63) and then do “start a conversation”. This will send a message and a notification.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Peggy - got it!

I've read your blog posts and articles which helped a lot in deciding to go a full collar. I can see the difference in how my guys go so it didn't take long to realize it was best for all of us!
I do not have a "blog" - but my information has been taught to, and used by some that do have blogs. All of my videos on this subject are on the PPP FB page. Either way, and again, it is really nice to see many people now taking this seriously - as the potential damage to the top of the neck is very real. One of the original, and biggest promoters of the "adjustable line of draft" has discontinued said promotion of such a thing. It was in answer to that promotion that we began on a mission to correct the false data associated with that. And adjustable line of draft means ONLY that with the ring on the assorted units - the trace will not kink when you hook it up to a low attachment point on a cart or carriage. From there, it just was "allowed" for people to think it meant that doing so was "o.k." which it without doubt, is not.

Back