White Tails BTU Jazz N It Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
A BTU grandson born March 24th with a 7.5" canon and we were sure this was a perlino pinto when he was born. He's got the purplish/pinkish eye rims, the blue eyes, the pinkish/tannish skin ..... but now his fur color seems alittle darker so not sure what he is. LOL

His mom looks to be more champagne or perlino pinto than a cremello pinto as AMHA has her listed (even though her breeder advertised her as a very rare champagne pinto LOL). I can't get that straight in my head because to me cremello is almost white in color and to have cremello in pinto you'd hardly see any pinto pattern if both are white on white (from my way of thinking anyway) but she clearly has tannish areas on her white body that makes up the pinto markings. Jazzmines father - this colts grandfather is "Ridgehavens White Cloud" stated as an Ivory Champagne stallion. I'll admit I'm not getting all the genetic stuff - very complicated. So .......... anyhoooo

Rogers HSR IMA BT (Palomino BTU son) X BRM Blue Ridge Miss Jazzmine (Dell Teras, Van't Huttenest, Hemlock Brooks and heavily Komokos bred)

Not the best photos - taken probably too early - we'll have to update but here is Gunner as we call him:

DSCN9184.jpg

DSCN9180.jpg

again, thanks for checking out all our BOYS ............. BOYS ....... yep we got BOYS ! LOL LOL LOL

Congrats! Ridgehavens White Cloud is a champagne so the mare could very likely be champagne or champagne+cream as I know Ginny did have a few dilute mares. Ginny was pretty good with colors so I bet the mare is at least champagne.

The colt looks possibly smokey cream-maybe he's champagne. I don't know, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the champagne gene so I'll let someone else take over on this one
default_smile.png

thank you everyone - I really didn't want to post pics of this boy right now cause he's not looking his best. He has been sick and on two different antibiotics and then got terrible diahrea ...... he's just now coming around so the photos probably should have been taken a few days from now. I think though, that I"ll do a new post on his ailment so maybe people (hate the term newbies but people new to minis or new to owning foals) can look for some of the symptoms and get treatment sooner. This was certainly a FIRST for us. We've actually had a lot of firsts this foaling season ...

He's such a pretty boy and I sure hope he starts feeling better.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back