Whinny Warmers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainWoman

Reaction score
Has anyone used Whinny Warmers? I'm going to try the new summer ones that are supposed to protect from bugs. Just curious if anyone has used them.

Here's a link to them if you're interested. Whinny Warmers

That's what I was thinking too. I'd love to try them for winter but thought they'd be getting wet in the snow with horses going in and out of the barn.

I have to admit I laughed when I thought of my horses standing out in the pasture with socks on. I think it would, however, help with flies on their legs. And I bet the winter ones would be good for my dads older horse with stiff joints. What will they think of next?

Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on such a product. I can't see any way that they would stay in place. What would prevent them from rolling up and or getting wet and sloppy or muddy/snowy and falling down.

I wouldn't use them in the winter because I agree they would get wet but in the summer when we're having dry spells, I thought it was worth a try. I'll try one pair and let you know later how they work.

In fact they do stay in place- almost no matter what! They can also be treated to be waterproof. If there is actually a "need" for these- ie arthritis, in an older horse, or keeping a white socked animal clean, these are brilliant. They are not a huge amount of money and they do the job, so if you think they will help, go for it.

socks%20004%20-%20Copy-500x500.JPG

Where do they sell these? Duh, I'm having a blonde moment!!! I didn't see the link.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried them last year. They didn't stay up, but the manu said to sew them up along one seam to make them more of a custom fit. I never did, and the horse lost one, and I never used them again. They no longer recommend to treat them to be waterpoof because it was causing problems with moisture being held against the skin.

The waterproof ones seem just fine- maybe they have made them better since you had them? These certainly do stay up, no problems at all, no adjusting needed, either.

I would love to try them for my 33 year old quarter horse.

Also I would be interested in having them on him during summer. He really suffers from bug bites and I have to dress him up in mesh fly sheets daily or he'll be a mess of bumps. No matter what I put on his legs for bug spray, they totally drive him batty. It would be worth a try.

I am a UK rep...am I allowed to say that? any questions feel free to pm me, they still recommend waterproofing, and after many trials, they do indeed stay up on my own horses as you can see from the video clip, no alterations or gizmos
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back